Ex-Staff Liam Manning

One mans 'inspirational leader' is another mans 'empty vessels make the loudest sound'.

After all the sound and fury of KR (that ended up signifying nothing) , someone who knows what they are doing, is calm and clear headed could be just what the players (and us) need. Hopefully Manning is that man.

Don't forget hoggy in all this....good cop, bad cop. Etc..,

Been a bit off-grid for a couple of days for work and last night I binge-watched/read the various things available since LM joined. Have to say, I like what I see. His temperament isn't overly charismatic but as we know first hand, that means precisely nothing and personally I'm enjoying listening to someone who thinks before he speaks. He seems incredibly level, calm and consistent and I got a strong impression there would be a lot of change - more than he lets on. I sense that if you aren't fully committed to the cause and can't enjoy your football, you won't be part of it - Murphy, I'm looking at you. It's all moments in time that they post and ultimately Saturday will be much more revealing, but I get the impressions our standards have shot up in a very short time with this appointment and that's been a constant observation of ours; an after-school kids club is more professional and more organised.

I get the feeling we are in safe hands - first time in as long as I can remember I have felt like that. LM seems entirely comfortable that we will stay up and I believe him. I can't wait for the team sheet on Saturday now and hopefully see players in their best positions playing in a proper structure with some attention paid to the detail. It will also be nice to think we have a manager in the dugout who gives a toss and if we end up 1-0 down, he will have the ideas on board to get us back in it. Hope to see/hear more from him in next few days.

Colour

Everytime I try to post the image it says file to large, so I crop it down, and still says too large.

I’m hoping it will be worth a few quid one day.
Alright show off 🤣

I learned how to program on the green screen CPC 464. Gaming with 7 different shades of green was amazing 😁

Yes agreed absolutely as you say. But inspirational?
Don’t confuse quiet and reserved with uninspiring. Arsene Wenger didn’t rant and rave and wave his hands about but he did pretty well.

My most inspirational boss was an ex-fighter pilot who understandably could handle pressure very well indeed given his combat experience and never in ten years did he raise his voice. He was very skilled at motivating us as a team, supported us unequivocally whilst also carefully pointing out where we could improve and he ensured we as a ‘unit’ were delivering and thus well respected by the other functions.

I always did my very best for him at all times as a result.

My most inspirational boss was an ex-fighter pilot who understandably could handle pressure very well indeed given his combat experience and never in ten years did he raise his voice. He was very skilled at motivating us as a team, supported us unequivocally whilst also carefully pointing out where we could improve and he ensured we as a ‘unit’ were delivering and thus well respected by the other functions.

I always did my very best for him at all times as a result.

Was hoping and expecting that story to end...
"I am now proud to call him my husband".

I always felt with KR that we were one injury, one rash tackle, one poor decision, one piece of bad luck away from losing/drawing most games. Even when we played well, and we did play bloody well at times to be fair to the bloke, it never felt like genuine progress or consistency at any point. I think that’s why I found him impossible to listen to as it all unravelled. It was all so obviously built on pillars of sand.

I like the way Manning carries himself. I like his attention to details, I like his approach to meetings and I like the way he addressed very quickly that some players were not going to like some of the information that they would be getting from him and his staff. The onus is on them to improve themselves and I got the impression that the team would essentially be picked based on that as much as anything else.
Doesn't look like he spends most of his evenings in the pub either....

Although he did confirm what I was told many moons ago, namely that Robinson’s contract had no break clause and that he was paid every last penny due across the remainder of his deal, which Jerome verified. It’s incredible that such a contract was ever allowed to be issued, particularly at this level. Stunningly bad from Tiger.
I doubt that his fellow directors are happy about it either. KR clearly had Tiger in his pocket if not in his tank.

Back
Top Bottom