Ex-Staff Liam Manning

Just cycled past the stadium, saw fatty Evans coming out in a suit chatting with Ainsworth
And Kassam chasing them off the premises for trespassing on a non match day!

Shame they didn’t get the memo that the interviews were at the training ground, with a meet the back room team session at Crowley Burger King beforehand.

You’ve got it all wrong. You’re supposed to be pleased for him, grateful that he deigned to allow us to pick him off the scrap heap and then wish him all the best at his new club and hope he, and they, go from strength to strength.

It’s the Yellows Forum way.
I’d wish him all the best but couldn’t give a flying f**k how his new club does. That’s my way and probably most others too.

😡😡😡Just when we were getting somewhere. However, I have to admit that I wasn’t sure about Manning when he arrived so I will keep faith that the club will make the correct decision in replacing him.

I wonder how all the summer signings feel after being seduced by Mannings power point presentation in the summer?

Probably reading too much into it and making 2 + 2 = 5.

But I wonder if Brentford decided not to allow Stevens to become cup-tied because they'd heard through the grapevine that Manning might be leaving?
And they wanted to keep their options open and make it easier to move him in January just in case we appoint someone they don't like......

Seemed an odd decision otherwise, given that all their other League One loanees played; and while Stevens has been decent - he's not looked like he should be playing at a higher level......

I’m trying to put myself in Mannings shoes for the pros and cons of leaving and I think undoubtedly the biggest con is that he could fail and be left on the managerial scrap heap. I personally think his personal ambition will ignore this but he would do well to remember that we gave him the opportunity bearing in mind he was on that very scrap heap after failing with MK Dons. The pros are obvious but it’s worth mentioning he has a young family and his financial security will be at the forefront of his mind when making the decision to move and even if he does fail, he can collect adequate money to be pretty secure for his family for the next few years.

The geographical issues are virtually non existent as Bristol is relatively close and the upheaval for them is minimal.

In summary, the pro’s in his mind will massively outweigh the cons, however, I can’t think of many examples where a League 1 manager was poached by a Championship team and they’ve gone on to deliver sustained success. Be happy to be challenged on this but can think of Danny Cowley to Huddersfield as a good recent example where it went pear shaped quite quickly but also the Chris Wilder situation was initially successful but ended in tears and again in the managerial wilderness.

I realise I’m biased but I feel that he may be not confident of getting promoted with us and wanting to cash in his chips while he can. Most of us would make the same decision but I would caution him as his long-term reputation may be damaged and then find himself with nothing of note on his CV whereas if he had 100% confidence in his convictions and stay with us he’d most likely have a promotion on the CV.

Good luck to him but there will be a part of me that has a wry smile if he fails as his ambition has quite outstripped his loyalty to a club that helped him become relevant again.

Bristol are so thirsty for that Manning PowerPoint.

It makes CEOs go weak at the knees.

Adds ‘spin’ to screen bean clipart.

Add rainbow font to ‘Any questions?’

Add two tone pink and brown background to all slides.

‘Done! They’ll definitely give me the job now.’

• Haha
Reactions: MJB
Exactly.

I’m horrified at the prospect of losing our manager like this, but I’m keeping schtum until there is confirmation either way.

I suggest the trigger happy folk on here do the same, as you could be making his mind up for him…
I do love it when people come to a website designed as a platform to talk about stuff, only to advise that we should not talk about something 😁.

But I do think the negativity going his way is daft and completely unjustified. Ok, it could be a short stay. But you could argue that he’s done us a year or two of work in a very condensed timeframe. Other managers might’ve stayed longer but that might’ve meant we waited a season and a bit for where we are today. Up to now he’s essentially been a springboard for us, so it surprises me that so many people see it as the reverse.

I’ve everything crossed that he stays but I think he deserves a lot better from us.

Probably reading too much into it and making 2 + 2 = 5.

But I wonder if Brentford decided not to allow Stevens to become cup-tied because they'd heard through the grapevine that Manning might be leaving?
And they wanted to keep their options open and make it easier to move him in January just in case we appoint someone they don't like......

Seemed an odd decision otherwise, given that all their other League One loanees played; and while Stevens has been decent - he's not looked like he should be playing at a higher level......
Stevens hasn't actually set the world alight here. His last performance was his best though. Maybe it's just he hasn't featured as much as Brentford liked! He also played a bit in CM at Brentford. Maybe they want him playing more in that position. If he carries on playing like he did at Lincoln then I hope he stays, if he displays the inconsistency he has so far I won't be gutted to see him depart.

* Yes I'm aware this is the wrong thread

Well I blame Karl Robinson..;-)

His ridiculous contract situation and pay off meant we went the other way with Manning. If clubs only need to offer 12 months compensation then we're hardly protected.

I wonder what conversations the board have had with Manning re his future once our good start had happened / once Bristol City expressed an interest? I hope we have at least have made a counter offer, Manning deserves that. On a wider note it's mad how players get paid so much, but manager's can be on far reduced salaries.

The board made some ridiculous decisions with Robinson, in terms of his contract and the delay in sacking him. This isn't another attempt to have another dig for the sake of it, but it would be interesting to know what conversations re his contract have happened in the last 8 weeks or so. Most in football would have been aware of his start at MK and the reasons for his decline, and will have seen the turnaround he has initiated here. So I think it was only a matter of time before other clubs showed an interest.

If he leaves then on the plus side:-

1) We're in a great position.
2) It will be an extremely attractive role.
3) The current board and Tim Williams have shown they can pick the right manager, so they can do it again.

Keep the faith!!

I do love it when people come to a website designed as a platform to talk about stuff, only to advise that we should not talk about something 😁.

But I do think the negativity going his way is daft and completely unjustified. Ok, it could be a short stay. But you could argue that he’s done us a year or two of work in a very condensed timeframe. Other managers might’ve stayed longer but that might’ve meant we waited a season and a bit for where we are today. Up to now he’s essentially been a springboard for us, so it surprises me that so many people see it as the reverse.

I’ve everything crossed that he stays but I think he deserves a lot better from us.
Completely agree on the point of people insisting people shouldn’t express an opinion and in some cases crossing out your words in their response. Beyond arrogant

All these sightings of new managers ... Everyone knows Karl is coming back he just needed a few months out to recharge his batteries why else would he keep turning down all these jobs

Back
Top Bottom