League One League 1 Transfers - Summer 2022 (non Oxford)

I'm not too concerned about the lack of new signings. I'm much more interested in how good they are and how athletic/fit they are (and have been), rather than how quickly they arrive. It'd be nice to have something positive to discuss on here, though.

Posh building a strong squad for 2022-23.

FV38fWqWIAIOs9I

When I'm feeling bored I sometimes have a look at opposition forums to see their take on the transfer situation - the Wycombe Stewart thread is a match for any of the madness here (albeit it with only 22 participants)!

Various posters wonder whether Stewart would have been a first choice player next season, while more than one actually describes the move as a 'step down'. I appreciate that Aberdeen haven't been setting the Scottish league alight but the chance for a 28 year old journeyman to regularly play in front of 14/15,000 and step out at Rangers and Celtic seems pretty good to me!
A step down? Christ Wycombe fans are deluded. Wycombe are a League One side who scraped into the Championship and lasted a season. This has given them a belief that they’re a huge team. Aberdeen are a Scottish Premiership team, with a history, big crowds and they try and play football, the complete opposite of Wycombe. Anchors.

Back
Top Bottom