League One League 1 Transfers - Summer 2022 (non Oxford)

Fair enough, seems an odd choice to release someone who's, at worst, a solid League 1 player when dropping down a division.
Morecambe didn't go down...

Re: his lack of offer, it's very possible that he made it clear he wanted out.
Also a very good chance that his style didn't suit Derek Adams who possibly wants more traditional full backs who defend foremost (i.e. not Leigh - who conversely sounds like a good fit for us as a result)!

When I'm feeling bored I sometimes have a look at opposition forums to see their take on the transfer situation - the Wycombe Stewart thread is a match for any of the madness here (albeit it with only 22 participants)!

Various posters wonder whether Stewart would have been a first choice player next season, while more than one actually describes the move as a 'step down'. I appreciate that Aberdeen haven't been setting the Scottish league alight but the chance for a 28 year old journeyman to regularly play in front of 14/15,000 and step out at Rangers and Celtic seems pretty good to me!

When I'm feeling bored I sometimes have a look at opposition forums to see their take on the transfer situation - the Wycombe Stewart thread is a match for any of the madness here (albeit it with only 22 participants)!

Various posters wonder whether Stewart would have been a first choice player next season, while more than one actually describes the move as a 'step down'. I appreciate that Aberdeen haven't been setting the Scottish league alight but the chance for a 28 year old journeyman to regularly play in front of 14/15,000 and step out at Rangers and Celtic seems pretty good to me!
I'm pleased for Stewart that he gets to play for a decent team and a big crowd - he's wasted at the suburban patch that is Wycombe.

Various posters wonder whether Stewart would have been a first choice player next season, while more than one actually describes the move as a 'step down'.
giphy.gif

In the least surprising signing of the season, Marlon Pack signs again for Pompey.

And yet we still haven't signed anybody but don't worry we've got some real quality for this league lined up.🤔

Back
Top Bottom