League One League 1 transfers - Summer 2021 (non Oxford)

Lincoln City have signed left-back Jamie Robson from Dundee United for an undisclosed fee.

Ipswich about to sign their 20th Player of the window!! That is just ridiculous!!

Edit: I expect Kip would still be complaining if that were us! :D

Really don't get how Wigan and Ipswich can afford all the fees they've paid and the wages they must be forking out!!

Really don't get how Wigan and Ipswich can afford all the fees they've paid and the wages they must be forking out!!

I reckon Ipswich will have quite a lot of £10k+ salaries considering they are outbidding Championship teams.

Wigan are taking the P**s considering their recent history.

I've never been one to revel in the financial woes of a club, we've been far too close ourselves at times and it's the fans who lose out. However the spending of some clubs this season has been obscene and all but 3 of them are going to be showing huge loses when not promoted.

It's ridiculously early, and we showed last season that you can't write teams off, but Ipswich already have a mountain to climb and will have at least 6 new signings sitting out every week. That can cause a pretty unhappy dressing room and I'd put money on Paul Cook being gone by Christmas.

I've never been one to revel in the financial woes of a club, we've been far too close ourselves at times and it's the fans who lose out. However the spending of some clubs this season has been obscene and all but 3 of them are going to be showing huge loses when not promoted.

It's ridiculously early, and we showed last season that you can't write teams off, but Ipswich already have a mountain to climb and will have at least 6 new signings sitting out every week. That can cause a pretty unhappy dressing room and I'd put money on Paul Cook being gone by Christmas.
6 Major Online Bookmakers report their systems crashed overnight after significant sums were seen for Ipswich Manager Paul Cook to be League One manager of the season.

All but 2, Scotchers [emoji6]

It’s seems like Ipswich and Wigan have started new careers on fifa 21 but before entering they clicked the 500m take over option lol

I normally have a lot of sympathy for any club in financial trouble - even our six fingered friends down the road I didn't want them to suffer TOO badly (non league mediocrity for a while, but still have a club to support). But the way teams like Wigan have come so close to completely disappearing to outspending half the league put together and doubling the highest wage we can offer for mere squad players leaves a bad taste. I know they've got a new owner etc but surely you take your time to make sure the club infrastructure is in place and that you've got the security there to make sure the club doesn't hit troubles again before spunking ridiculous money to try and buy your way to the Championship?!

As much as I want to see OUFC in the Championship, I'll take the way our club has been run in recent years over the maverick spenders every time. When Covid hit I was never in doubt that OUFC would get through it. Better to have a well run, stable club than one that flies up and down the leagues like a water slide, hoping they land in a pot of money to save them when they reach the bottom rather than drowning in the depths.

I normally have a lot of sympathy for any club in financial trouble - even our six fingered friends down the road I didn't want them to suffer TOO badly (non league mediocrity for a while, but still have a club to support). But the way teams like Wigan have come so close to completely disappearing to outspending half the league put together and doubling the highest wage we can offer for mere squad players leaves a bad taste. I know they've got a new owner etc but surely you take your time to make sure the club infrastructure is in place and that you've got the security there to make sure the club doesn't hit troubles again before spunking ridiculous money to try and buy your way to the Championship?!

As much as I want to see OUFC in the Championship, I'll take the way our club has been run in recent years over the maverick spenders every time. When Covid hit I was never in doubt that OUFC would get through it. Better to have a well run, stable club than one that flies up and down the leagues like a water slide, hoping they land in a pot of money to save them when they reach the bottom rather than drowning in the depths.
There is still FFP to contend with so it will be interesting what the EFL will do about this

There is still FFP to contend with so it will be interesting what the EFL will do about this
100% the EFL won’t do anything about teams like Wigan not sticking to FFP does that even exist really

Back
Top Bottom