League One League 1 Team of the Season

Broadly speaking it would be easy enough to make up an 11 from the teams above us because there are too many of them. :)

The "Team of the Season" is probably more about consistency than anything else, and that is lacking in our team.

But what I'm saying is scoring a penalty doesn't require fitness, stamina or even much skill. It's striking a ball 12 yards out.

Have you ever watched England at a major tournament 🤣

Or this season's half time entertainment at the Kassam, where Clive from the East Stand aims for the crossbar and hits the corner flag.

but using your argument, Cam is a great player but can only make that team if we are top 2, That's not what a League 11 should represent is it?

Well Cole Stockton didn't make the list, that tells you everything.

You can make an argument for Alfie May as well as Stockton.

Most of the selections seem reasonable....

I would have had Ogbene over MacLean

Cowley has lost his mind over Cooper versus Bazuma....he really is a bit of one......

Others that might have had a shout....Keane and Lang from Wigan and Camara from us.....he is consistently the player opposition fans wish they could sign....

Woolfenden at Ipswich is the best centre back I’ve seen this season. Greg Leigh at Morecambe was the best left back I saw too. Oh and how is Stockton not in that line up ? Best striker, bar none, in L1.

These teams/awards are always B*****s, no point taking them seriously.

The only goals that should count are overhead kicks from outside the box that go in the top hand corner by the way.

The only goals that should count are overhead kicks from outside the box that go in the top hand corner by the way.

And diving headers?

Those would be worth 3 goals under my proposed scoring system

You can make an argument for Alfie May as well as Stockton.

Most of the selections seem reasonable....

I would have had Ogbene over MacLean

Cowley has lost his mind over Cooper versus Bazuma....he really is a bit of one......

Others that might have had a shout....Keane and Lang from Wigan and Camara from us.....he is consistently the player opposition fans wish they could sign....
I saw that Cowley comment and it just added to the notion that he's a slimline Steve Evans - constantly whining, primitive amateur psychology and generally talking high grade B*****s.

Bazuma looks a good prospect but Cooper just looks that bit more authoritative to me - his positioning and distribution seems calmer and more precise and that reaction save against us from Whyte was terrific and possibly the turning point of our season. When we played Pompey at home Bazuma hacked the ball into touch more than Stephens and that takes some doing! He also looks like he might have a real howler in him.

I can see why Smith and Stewart were in there over Stockton, I think they both contribute a little more to the overall play but on the other hand, to score that many goals in a struggling team takes some doing.

Maclean seems the odd one to me - I think even Wigan fans believe his contribution has been patchy.

We can only judge by a) How they played against us, and b) the stats.....
.....but based on those things, actually I've not got too many complaints about that team. Other than the ridiculous part about having an out-and-out winger at left back. Did noone in League One have any decent fullbacks this year?

Cooper was absolutely outstanding both games against us, and only Rotherham have conceded less goals than Plymouth, and they've used two keepers roughly evenly.

The guy who probably has the most grounds for complaint is not Cole Stockton, but Will Keane.
Joint top scorer in the League, playing for the Champions elect, most Goals per 90 and assists of any of the striking options.

It's a sign of the quality in the league this year, that Matty Taylor has had a great season, but has probably only been the 5th or 6th best striker in the division.

We can only judge by a) How they played against us, and b) the stats.....
.....but based on those things, actually I've not got too many complaints about that team. Other than the ridiculous part about having an out-and-out winger at left back. Did noone in League One have any decent fullbacks this year?

Cooper was absolutely outstanding both games against us, and only Rotherham have conceded less goals than Plymouth, and they've used two keepers roughly evenly.

The guy who probably has the most grounds for complaint is not Cole Stockton, but Will Keane.
Joint top scorer in the League, playing for the Champions elect, most Goals per 90 and assists of any of the striking options.

It's a sign of the quality in the league this year, that Matty Taylor has had a great season, but has probably only been the 5th or 6th best striker in the division.
hat trick this Saturday then

Back
Top Bottom