League One League 1 Games 27/02/24

Steve Gilbert

A few games tonight that affect us/top 6:

Wigan v Bolton
Stevenage v Cambridge
Orient v Blackpool
Derby V Charlton

All currently 0-0 with Stevenage level on points with the same goal difference as us as it stands.

Orient 1 up and now 3 points behind us. We are currently 7th 2 points behind Stevenage and Peterborough but Stevenage have 1 game in hand on us still and Peterborough have 2 games in hand.

Draw between Orient and Blackpool would be best for us, but failing that, Orient win.

Draw between Orient and Blackpool would be best for us, but failing that, Orient win.
It kind of doesn’t matter what they do (I know I included them), it is what is going on ahead of us that makes the difference and we need Stevenage to drop points.

1.It shows how weak the league is this season.
2.It shows just what an opportunity we could miss this season.
3.If wed had beaten Northampton and Leyton Orient, which wouldnt have been that hard, wed have been just 4 points off second now.
Golden, golden opportunity wasted on the wrong appointment.

What a p*ss weak league this is. This was the season to do it. Any sort of half decent consistency and momentum under Des and we are comfortably in automatics, never mind the play offs. 5 wins in 19 is just pathetic and falling out of the play offs to Stevenage, reaffirming the view that this has been a managerial appointment to rival Kemp, Rix, Talbot, Patterson, Waddock, Clotet etc. it’s painful to say it but DB is firmly in that company of misfits. A disastrous appointment.

I can see either Blackpool or Leyton Orient taking that last play off spot also what a job fatty Evans is doing at Stevenage.... As for us what do we expect to get from our next 3 games 1 point that is the reason why we fucked up no consistency no fight and no desire....... Nevermind lads always next year

I can see either Blackpool or Leyton Orient taking that last play off spot also what a job fatty Evans is doing at Stevenage.... As for us what do we expect to get from our next 3 games 1 point that is the reason why we fucked up no consistency no fight and no desire....... Nevermind lads always next year

Next year will have the leftovers of this year (imagine if Stevenage won the play offs) and likely Stockport, Wrexham, a serial L1 promotion side in Rotherham and quite likely Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke. Teams like Charlton, under Nathan Jones, will be very strong as will Reading if they can sort themselves out and the likes of Wigan and Blackpool.

This was the year and we’ve royally f*cked it up under Des.

Next year will have the leftovers of this year (imagine if Stevenage won the play offs) and likely Stockport, Wrexham, a serial L1 promotion side in Rotherham and quite likely Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke. Teams like Charlton, under Nathan Jones, will be very strong as will Reading if they can sort themselves out and the likes of Wigan and Blackpool.

This was the year and we’ve royally f*cked it up under Des.
My don't worry lads always next year commitment was joking lol ..... Anyways you gotta have faith Des will get us up

Back
Top Bottom