• Sheff Wed

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • WW

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’d much rather be a yo-yo team bouncing from L1 to Championship and back again this season than a mid-table L1 side. It’s the next step up and you only need one good season and a bit of luck with transfers to stay in the Championship and then try and become a solid mid table side there…
Which mid table League One side are you referring to?

Which mid table League One side are you referring to?
Any theoretical one. I’m just saying that ‘they’ll come straight back down’ isn’t really that much of an insult. The next step up for Oxford would be a side who bounce between L1 and the Championship (obviously I’d rather stay there if possible)

Any theoretical one. I’m just saying that ‘they’ll come straight back down’ isn’t really that much of an insult. The next step up for Oxford would be a side who bounce between L1 and the Championship (obviously I’d rather stay there if possible)
I think if we get there, we’ll stay up because our owners will invest heavily if the stadium is progressing.

And the scruffy c***s have the nerve to whine about their allocation for the second leg as well; they’ve been allocated 2,028, they’ll struggle to sell those ffs!
Wouldn't want to be a MK fan watching that game; attack vs defence and every dark art in play. I hope MK wipe the floor with them.

think bouncing between leagues is pointless and must be pretty tiresome after a while.

And the scruffy c***s have the nerve to whine about their allocation for the second leg as well; they’ve been allocated 2,028, they’ll struggle to sell those ffs!
Wouldn't want to be a MK fan watching that game; attack vs defence and every dark art in play. I hope MK wipe the floor with them.
Sadly, I think that Ainsworth will fully be parking the bus.

Wycombe style gets result but in terms of longevity it won’t see them survive in the level above.

It does sound like it.
Nobody on here has suggested that they aren't very effective. They undoubtedly are People might however hate their spoiling long ball anti football general style.
Can’t totally agree with that though. I saw how they spanked Plymouth and some of their goals towards the end of the season and they way they cut us apart with their 2nd goal on the counter just doesn’t suggest that. I think it’s just an easy lazy thing to say and lot of sour grapes really which we have an abundance of in this thread

Last edited:
Their budget was pretty high this year by all accounts.
Voges, McCleary. Really don't buy this low budget team Ainsworth portrays
Vokes maybe but McCleary is 35 this month and was a free agent when they signed him so I doubt they pushed the boat out to get him.

Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland sold out. Capacity 39,732.
Sunderland v Sheffield weds more than 42,500 sold so far, capacity 48,700. Each club has limited away fans to 2,000.

We requested 4000 which we would have sold with ease. We sold the 2028 in less than 24 hours and MK managed to find another 200 for us in the 12000 empty seats. The tickets never went on general sale and many season ticket holders missed out.
It takes a real football fan to support The Franchise

Back
Top Bottom