• Sheff Wed

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • WW

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can’t argue with their performance tonight.

Not a fan and I couldn’t give two hoots about what they do from here on, but tonight was exactly what was required.

Home fixture, taking a 2 goal advantage to MKD.

Would we not be creaming our pants over that scenario 🤷🏼‍♂️

Can’t argue with their performance tonight.

Not a fan and I couldn’t give two hoots about what they do from here on, but tonight was exactly what was required.

Home fixture, taking a 2 goal advantage to MKD.

Would we not be creaming our pants over that scenario 🤷🏼‍♂️
Of course

What Wycombe have that is undeniable is a large number of players who have big balls. Dogged, determined and feisty characters who want to win and aren’t afraid to fight anybody. Just like when we had Hylton, MacDonald, Maguire, Wright, Mullins etc. We played much better football with those individuals than Wycombe ever have (having a pair of knackers and the willingness to get a bloody nose doesn’t automatically make you a clogger), but you can’t get anywhere without at least a few players who are willing to go to war.

The problem I find with them and what I dislike so severely about watching them is that they have almost no interest in actually playing the game of football. You can have a gritty side and a few b*stards but still at least try to pretend that you’re interested in the sport.

The Ipswich myth.

We went to the dark arts from around the 83rd-84th minute or so. The way Ipswich went on about it, including the infamous ‘spineless piece of turd’ rant, makes it out we were time wasting from minute one. We weren’t.

Indeed.

But my point is, we did what we needed to do to get over the line, 10 minutes, 20 minutes, it makes no difference.

Wycombe have done what they needed to do.

The Ipswich myth.

We went to the dark arts from around the 83rd-84th minute or so. The way Ipswich went on about it, including the infamous ‘spineless piece of turd’ rant, makes it out we were time wasting from minute one. We weren’t.
6 minutes of us doing it this season is nothing compared to ten years plus of Ainsworth doing it!

When I think of the term "dark arts" I think of s**t sports like Rugby Union, where acting violently on the sly is rewarded.

seem, to be trying to defend everything they do
Not really - I think it's an awful way to play football but it is effective and they play to their obvious strengths. I'd change 'defend' to 'point out the effectiveness of'.

yes playing our way though!
Ah but that didn't get us to the starting blocks though did it so we weren't able to experience that.

As has been suggested on many other threads, we need to adapt our style. I'm not for one minute advocating a Wycombe-style approach but we do need a more powerful midfield as Karl has said himself now for two seasons.......a few minor tweaks not wholesale change.

So ...one co vid induced season they beat us in a play off final ,next relegated , this season with a higher budget playing dismal but extremely savvy football with some quality they are in the play offs . Hardly a massive spell
Fair enough but it is the last three seasons and it does seem to be adversely affecting some people on here.

You can do better than that, they were one point off 3rd having played a game less than everyone else. And they um……actually finished third once all the fun and games had finished. I recall they beat a pretty footballing side in the final.

The table below might cause you to have a coronary.

Fun and games , it was an unjust table that didn't take into account playing more at home than away . Good luck to them but we will prevail playing decent football and do well in the Championship.

I’d much rather be a yo-yo team bouncing from L1 to Championship and back again this season than a mid-table L1 side. It’s the next step up and you only need one good season and a bit of luck with transfers to stay in the Championship and then try and become a solid mid table side there…

Ah but that didn't get us to the starting blocks though did it so we weren't able to experience that.

As has been suggested on many other threads, we need to adapt our style. I'm not for one minute advocating a Wycombe-style approach but we do need a more powerful midfield as Karl has said himself now for two seasons.......a few minor tweaks not wholesale change.
the basic question was would we like to be winning 2-0 in a play off semi final?
you may as well say do you want to play anti football s**t and win 2-0 or play brilliant passing football and win 2-0.

I’d much rather be a yo-yo team bouncing from L1 to Championship and back again this season than a mid-table L1 side. It’s the next step up and you only need one good season and a bit of luck with transfers to stay in the Championship and then try and become a solid mid table side there…
when did you start supporting Oxford?

Back
Top Bottom