League One 14/03/23 - League 1 Games Tonight

Morecambe were clueless, toothless, and gutless.

They surely can’t be as bad again on Saturday, but based on what I saw tonight, we have to win.

As well as a morale kicker for the clubs who've been battered tonight and the fact our squad is miles better, our goal difference is worth another point and tonight only helps it. We're at least 12 goals better off than anyone around us.

Yes that could be vital.

We just need to concentrate on ourselves and turn the corner on the past 10 games.

And there was me thinking you had to make at least one sub on 65 minutes, preferably one you'd decided on three days ago. This brave new world is going to take some getting used to ;)

Well, I would hope that 4-1 down at home, our manager would look to the bench and say, right we need to change this.
Maybe even make some change at HT.

Unless he looked at the bench and thought, nah, we've got nothing.

Morecambe were clueless, toothless, and gutless.

They surely can’t be as bad again on Saturday, but based on what I saw tonight, we have to win.

It’s only their second home defeat in 13 games, so I’m not sure it will be the easy three points that some may assume

I've been banging this drum for ages. Even the average team in this league are crap this season, those at the bottom are useless.

We still need to improve of course but I think we've been conditioned into thinking our players are crap because they've been so poorly managed for a year or more, our squad is miles better than most at the bottom. To ight has gone brilliantly and I'm completely confident we're staying up comfortably.
Bloody good thing results went our way, the table would look very ugly otherwise. I think you’re right but I’m not complacent at all.

I think we've been conditioned into thinking our players are crap because they've been so poorly managed for a year or more, our squad is miles better than most at the bottom.
One point from ten games, making us the worst team in the entire country as we plummeted down the table to just three points above the drop zone, is what conditioned me into thinking we’re a bit crap and might get relegated. Burton beat us, as did Cambridge, and MK should’ve been 3-0 up before we stole a point off them. These apparently terrible teams have all been slapping us about.

I hope to God we will stay up and believe that we can, but after nearly 40 games we’re factually not miles better than any of them.

Thanks to all of our relegation rivals getting thumped last night Ive woken up this morning with that ‘winning feeling’ that I haven’t felt for a very long time 😃🙏

One point from ten games, making us the worst team in the entire country as we plummeted down the table to just three points above the drop zone, is what conditioned me into thinking we’re a bit crap and might get relegated. Burton beat us, as did Cambridge, and MK should’ve been 3-0 up before we stole a point off them. These apparently terrible teams have all been slapping us about.

I hope to God we will stay up and believe that we can, but after nearly 40 games we’re factually not miles better than any of them.
No excuses for how crap we've been, and it's certainly been beyond dire, but we've also had a guy running the club into the ground in charge who was incapable/unwilling to pick a team that made any sense. The improvement under Craig Short (journey to work) has been stark, a real manager should have enough to get a few wins out of this lot.

Any pre season optimism about us was clearly misplaced, this was obvious by the time the season started, but there's still enough talent in this team that they should be around lower mid table and that's no defence of Robinson and the squad he's put together but an indictment of how poor the rest of the league is. I've not been to all games this season so will defer to others regarding away games but I can't remember too many times leaving the Kassam and thinking "crikey, that other team were a bit handy". I can remember plenty of times leaving thinking "they were absolutely crap" and "how have we lost that". I agree that after 36 games the table indicates we're not much better but in my opinion they're down there because they don't have very good players, we're down there because we had a rubbish manager. If Manning has anything about him we'll be safe before the Accrington home game. I wanted Robinson out at the end of last season, said how crap the window was and had money on us going down weeks ago, I'm not a wildly optimistic fan who'll twist everything to find the positives but I am confident we'll stay up now. Still a woeful season and a great way to waste five and a half million pounds but there we are.

Back
Top Bottom