Matches +-+ 5 Game Blocks 2020/21 Season +-+

Top of the form table for the last 6 games. https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=3

However, before we get too carried away, it's worth noting that we've played the three sides at the bottom of that table in that run, with only one side we've played in the last 6 games being in the top half even (Plymouth - very strange to me, they looked woeful for 80% of our match there). Of course, the table doesn't show what form the teams were in when we played them, but it seems fair to conclude that we've been playing teams in ruts of form recently (and will continue tomorrow with Rochdale). They still need to be put away, and we have duly done so, but Doncaster in a couple of weeks time will be an important indicator of just how far we've come since the start of the season.

Doncaster in a couple of weeks time will be an important indicator of just how far we've come since the start of the season.
True - we then play Brizzle and Wigan again after that, so you would hope that there's a pretty decent points return available in that little run.

Top of the form table for the last 6 games. https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=3

However, before we get too carried away, it's worth noting that we've played the three sides at the bottom of that table in that run, with only one side we've played in the last 6 games being in the top half even (Plymouth - very strange to me, they looked woeful for 80% of our match there). Of course, the table doesn't show what form the teams were in when we played them, but it seems fair to conclude that we've been playing teams in ruts of form recently (and will continue tomorrow with Rochdale). They still need to be put away, and we have duly done so, but Doncaster in a couple of weeks time will be an important indicator of just how far we've come since the start of the season.

Our next two opponents have both drawn 4 of their last 6 I see.

Updated to show latest results and next five fixtures filled in.

We have 40 points - exactly the same as the same point last year, which in itself was the best for four seasons.

In the equivalent next block of games, we got 5 points last year - so any better then that and we will be making progress!

As of today (22/03) and the end of the block of five, we are 7 points behind where we were at this time last season.

This is the point at which last season stopped - so we aren't going to be able to compare directly from now on.

All updated.

As we go into our last four games, our 65 point total is already just a point short of our best total since we've been back in L1.

Quite how we have done that after such a dreadful start
a) Beggars belief
b) Makes you wonder what might have been
c) Also makes you wonder if it might be so anyway!

Last edited:
All updated.

As we go into our last four games, our 65 point total is already just a point short of our best total since we've been back in L1.

Quite how we have done that after such a dreadful start
a) Beggars belief
b) Makes you wonder what might have been
c) Also makes you wonder if it might be so anyway!

What did we get using the PPG thingie last season?

What did we get using the PPG thingie last season?
Our PPG was 1.71 (https://thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=3&season=17 is where I found that).

Bury were kicked out, but if you multiply 1.71 by the 46 games we should have played if not for that and the pandemic, you get 78.66. The playoff teams had a PPG of 1.73 (Wycombe) and 1.71 (the rest).

We actually played 35 games and got 60 points.

So by that measure, even if we win our last four games and get 12 points (ending up on 77), we won't have been *quite* as good as last year. Of course whether we'd have continued our form over that last stretch of last season is anyone's guess! Our current PPG for this season is 1.55 (which would have seen us finish 10th last season).

I have updated the post after today's heroics for the final time this season.

The first three blocks of five were consistently poor, which makes getting even more of an achievement over the rest of the season. Let's hope that we start quicker next time out!

I have updated the post after today's heroics for the final time this season.

The first three blocks of five were consistently poor, which makes getting even more of an achievement over the rest of the season. Let's hope that we start quicker next time out!
Apparently our first game next season is away to West Brom

Back
Top Bottom