Manager/Coach Karl Robinson

But if we had full revenue from the stadium including sponsorship, conferencing, catering on match days would we need to sell on players still to survive?

Of course we would.

But if we had full revenue from the stadium including sponsorship, conferencing, catering on match days would we need to sell on players still to survive?
Yes. Unless we are money laundering. I've been watching too much Ozark!

Some players would still want to leave to get better jobs elsewhere. Also we might want to sell one in order to buy two, or to get someone in a different position, as well as to cover losses.

Some players would still want to leave to get better jobs elsewhere. Also we might want to sell one in order to buy two, or to get someone in a different position, as well as to cover losses.

What I meant was currently we have to sell our best players and we still are making losses, obviously we are paying kassam rent but with owning a stadium outright there is other costs that we currently don't pay.

What figure yearly will we gain from owning our own stadium compared to the current setup?

What I meant was currently we have to sell our best players and we still are making losses, obviously we are paying kassam rent but with owning a stadium outright there is other costs that we currently don't pay.

What figure yearly will we gain from owning our own stadium compared to the current setup?
Apparently we are about to post a profit, due to the sales of Dickie, Baptiste and Fosu? Considering we haven’t had fans in the stadium (consistently) for nearly a year, I would say that’s pretty impressive!

Apparently we are about to post a profit, due to the sales of Dickie, Baptiste and Fosu? Considering we haven’t had fans in the stadium (consistently) for nearly a year, I would say that’s pretty impressive!
But I think the financial year in question is up to last summer (2020) so will only cover three/four months of lockdown.

That would be from mainly before lockdown.
The year to 30 June 2020.
I suspect that this years will be pretty horrible.

Well Fleetwood own their stadium and people wonder how they get by with small crowds and get decent players
We are half a million down before we start.
Say we could buy the stadium we would have a mortgage to pay on that over say 30 years or even longer so we would be paying much less than we are now.
I hate to think how much rent this club has paid so far to K****m but it must be close to ten million

Apart from ManCity, Man Utd and Liverpool everyone is a selling club
Even Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea will see players leave to further their careers or more money which is what our players do
If the price is right these clubs will sell

Well Fleetwood own their stadium and people wonder how they get by with small crowds and get decent players
I’d heard there is some renting of stadium facilities to the owner’s companies at generous rates which means the club’s turnover increases enabling higher wages on the 60% of turnover rule = decent players.

We are half a million down before we start.
Say we could buy the stadium we would have a mortgage to pay on that over say 30 years or even longer so we would be paying much less than we are now.
I hate to think how much rent this club has paid so far to K****m but it must be close to ten million

Over 20 years with annual rent ranging from £500-750k, try £12m+ and we still have to pay for new pitches.

Both of whom are hundreds of millions in debt but the Spanish banks wouldn’t dare call a debt in.
Makes you wonder when UEFA will start enforcing their financial rules doesn't it...

Here's an idea for some of our 'fans' who seem to struggle to understand how a business/football club needs to be run without having to sell our player assets..

All U's fan donate say £20k each every year, that's the masterplan folks!

What if say around 5,000 of us all donated around £400? That would raise £2m. Oh hang on a minute, didn't I hand over £390 last June, that's me sorted for this season then.

What if say around 5,000 of us all donated around £400? That would raise £2m. Oh hang on a minute, didn't I hand over £390 last June, that's me sorted for this season then.
The club loses in excess of £1m having received all ST money, cash through the turnstiles and sponsorship/ TV money.

I’d heard there is some renting of stadium facilities to the owner’s companies at generous rates which means the club’s turnover increases enabling higher wages on the 60% of turnover rule = decent players.

Over 20 years with annual rent ranging from £500-750k, try £12m+ and we still have to pay for new pitches.
They recently sold Paddy Madden to Stockport as well

Back
Top Bottom