Manager/Coach Karl Robinson New Manager

Sounds like he would like a couple of wingers too.
I thought he was very positive. If Napa is half as good as Lookman all of us will be very happy.
Nice to think he’s looking at bring8ng a couple of players from Charlton in

I loved listening to KR on that phone-in. Jerome described him as a breath of fresh air yesterday and I totally agree, his enthusiasm is infectious. He connected with every caller brilliantly, be it the 11 yr old who he said he’d sack the scout and give him the job through to the older fans talking about the rivalry with Swindon. He spoke about John Aldridge and remembering the pictures of him in the Oxford kit and ended with praise for Napa, saying he reminds him of Lookman. He seems the perfect fit for us, I hope he has great success here. I haven’t felt so instantly enthusiastic about a new manager here since I was a kid and I’m now 50 yrs old!

Best thing about this is it sounds like we're sticking to 2 upfront on Sunday. (If we have 2 fit strikers that is)

Very good interview. I feel much more confident in his ability to sort out the team. He will need finance.

Please Tiger, don't let us down.

Generally positive and insightful, but by god were there some banal questions. 'What do you think Canice Carroll's best position is?' was probably the most pointless, as the manager hasn't even seen him train yet due to the international call-up.

Clearly talks a good game, and a impressive interview! But now can he transform that on the pitch. That’s where he will be ultimately judged. Here’s hoping. Good luck to him, because he will need it. A few bad results and impatient fans will be sharpening there axes.

Loving this love-in for our new boss, it's lovely to see all who listened in seem to be in agreement ? (I wasn't by the radio today jerome).....so I take it you approve ? - Roll on Sunday!

I take it your question was far more insightful !

To be honest, I'm surprised there were so few questions regarding communication with Tiger.

We don't fully know what kind of owner we have yet, so it would have been good to get Karl's take.

To be honest, I'm surprised there were so few questions regarding communication with Tiger.

We don't fully know what kind of owner we have yet, so it would have been good to get Karl's take.
Have to say I agree with this. Robinson has made a great start and he seems enthusiastic about his relationship with ST. There’s now early signs that this could be the start of something good but we are still all hoping that the owner keeps up his side of the bargain without absolutely knowing for sure yet.

Back
Top Bottom