Ex Player Josh Ruffels

I hope to wake up in the morning sandwiched between Jennifer Aniston and Scarlett Johannson...doesn't mean it's going to happen.
I suspect that unlike JR, who has been watched by more than one Championship club going back a couple of years, those two haven’t been eyeing you up with a view to ripping your pants off.

Then again, maybe they have. Rubber up.

Can't begrudge him a move away, he's had plenty of good years here and a move to the Championship would mean less games but more money. From the outside looking in he's a model professional too, which is one reason why he's stuck around since being signed by Wilder. Still plenty of time to work out a deal, and now we have Jack and Sam's contracts wrapped up, we should do everything we can to keep Ruffs and keep the defensive 5 in tact going into next season.

Josh is still a very good player, and despite some if criticism of him this season, I'd still happily keep him for next season. However if he left, he would do so with my best wishes. He's always given 100% to the club on and off the pitch and deserves one big pay day if he can get it elsewhere.

On Rad Ox 5 minute fans forum it sounded to me like Ruffels won't be with us next season. To me I felt Robinson was saying that he wouldn't be here but didn't want to actually say it until the season is over. If this is the case it will be a real shame, despite some criticism, Josh is still a good player who would benefit from having another left back in the building to give him a break. But I wouldn't begrudge him getting a decent pay rise and a chance in a higher league if that's where he ends up.

Stevens to Boro Atkinson to Preston or Birmingham Josh to Coventry Birmingham or Forest Moore to Huddersfield/Luton

Lucky Sam Long can cover all across the back:unsure:
Can he step into Midfield as well with Cam going too

No excuses this summer, major rebuild with a full team ready to go from day one of the new season.
Full *fit* team ready to go. That will need money available at short notice and all the right business people in place to tie up deals. But hopefully we won’t lose many of this year’s core.

Can he step into Midfield as well with Cam going too
I seem to remember that his first appearance was coming off the bench to play as a defensive midfielder...
All I want for Christmas is a team of Sam Longs...

On Rad Ox 5 minute fans forum it sounded to me like Ruffels won't be with us next season. To me I felt Robinson was saying that he wouldn't be here but didn't want to actually say it until the season is over. If this is the case it will be a real shame, despite some criticism, Josh is still a good player who would benefit from having another left back in the building to give him a break. But I wouldn't begrudge him getting a decent pay rise and a chance in a higher league if that's where he ends up.

I wouldn't write it off just yet. CamBram's new contract last year came as a total surprise to us all. There's still scope that Ruffels may sign a new deal.

If he doesn't, I imagine it will be mostly down to us not getting promoted. I can see why a middling Championship side would go for him. You're pretty certain to get 35-40+ league appearances from him each season (in the last four seasons, he's played over 40 times each season including the truncated 2019-20 season), he can cover a few positions and he's a solid pro who has survived a few management changes over the years. He's not one to rock the boat. As the T'Manor podcast alluded to as well, he's 27 now and there has to be a point where he says 'this might be by best chance of being becoming a second tier player'. A two year contract on decent wages in the level above would appeal to any of our current squad. It may be hard to offer anything better to him if a Championship side has offered a decent deal to him.

Back
Top Bottom