Ex Player Josh Ruffels

If Elechi, Lofthouse and LCP are ready to make the step up, it could make our transfer window much easier and give us a better chance of being able to fund moves for McGuane and Barker. From what I've seen of the three, they aren't far off it's just whether there's enough there for a promotion chasing L1 side. Personally I think give them a proper run in pre-season, and if they show something let them be the backup/3rd choice. Certainly LCP in my opinion is ready to take over from Kelly when he goes back, and Lofthouse is another solid utility player who can cover us as 3rd choice in a few positions. I know Lofthouse has played several positions, what do people who've seen him more than I think is his best position? He seemed really assured in full back in the PJT, but has also played as a winger and I believe even CM at Woking? Could be a straight up battle between him and Clare for three positions next year!

Elechi I've not seen more than the PJT games he's featured in, but the reports about him are good. It's just a matter of whether we want Hanson being thrown into LB again if Elechi struggles. Personally I think sign a CB and a utility full back who can play both sides, that way we aren't throwing a youngster into the frying pan if we lose a full back, but they can be there to have a chance in cup games. LCP in the first team as Kelly's replacement.

I don't think it needs to be a matter of either/or with the likes of LCP, lofthouse, elechi and co ( not like it used to be), we can afford to keep them all around for another season feeding them onto the bench and then on from there as they, and the season, progresses.

He has various parts of his social media handled for him. Maybe an over protective family member or agent biting rather than the player himself.

Weā€™ve much bigger problems in the team than JR. Into next season Iā€™ve no issues if he starts or at worst, a member of the match day squad.
Ive heard of premier league players having social media handled for them for PR reasons, but seems abit strange for JR to have it handled for him?:LOL:

I know The Sun isnt exactly the most reliable of sources - apparently we have a Matt Sykes playing in midfield for us..? - but, unless Ive missed it, Im surprised nobody has picked up on their statement today that Ruffels has turned down the new contract offer and is seeking a move away? I really hope that its total B*****s..

I know The Sun isnt exactly the most reliable of sources - apparently we have a Matt Sykes playing in midfield for us..? - but, unless Ive missed it, Im surprised nobody has picked up on their statement today that Ruffels has turned down the new contract offer and is seeking a move away? I really hope that its total B*****s..
Where have you seen that about Ruffels?

Just to re-iterate, this was in The Sun. The match report that also referred to midfielder ā€˜Matt Sykesā€˜.

I read it at work today so cant remember exactly how it was worded but the last paragraph of the report said something like ā€˜Meanwhile defender Josh Ruffels has turned down the clubā€™s offer of a new contract and is seeking a move to the Championshipā€™

As I said, Im gobsmacked that nobody else has seen it.

Well we canā€™t all read such quality rags.

I think heā€™ll be off which will be a shame, but heā€™s definitely earned it. Good luck to him either way.

Iā€™ve been sent a photo of said article big enough to be printed across the moon, and thus far too big to be posted on here. It says:

ā€œMeanwhile, Uā€™s defender Josh Ruffels has turned down a new contract and hopes for a move to the Championship.ā€

Iā€™ve been sent a photo of said article big enough to be printed across the moon, and thus far too big to be posted on here. It says:

ā€œMeanwhile, Uā€™s defender Josh Ruffels has turned down a new contract and hopes for a move to the Championship.ā€
Quick! Send all the champ clubs a screenshot of the comments saying heā€™s not good enough for league one!

• React
Reactions: MJB
Wouldn't really say he is good enough for a first choice LB in the Championship, but if he can get a move there, then well done him.

I hope to wake up in the morning sandwiched between Jennifer Aniston and Scarlett Johannson...doesn't mean it's going to happen.

I hope to wake up in the morning sandwiched between Jennifer Aniston and Scarlett Johannson...doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Interesting choice of threesome, I like the age difference between the two fine actresses. Might ponder it as I sit on the bog.

Anyway Josh Ruffels, fair play to him whatever he chooses, he has done well for us after costing next to nothing and never been on big money, made the most of his ability, shame he lacks a bit of pace as he is a good athlete otherwise who you feel the championship will be a step to far but canā€™t knock him for wanting to try it at this stage of his career.

Interesting choice of threesome, I like the age difference between the two fine actresses. Might ponder it as I sit on the bog.

Anyway Josh Ruffels, fair play to him whatever he chooses, he has done well for us after costing next to nothing and never been on big money, made the most of his ability, shame he lacks a bit of pace as he is a good athlete otherwise who you feel the championship will be a step to far but canā€™t knock him for wanting to try it at this stage of his career.
TBH I think the idea of threesomes is a bit overrated, with such fine ladies Iā€™d rather have just one to concentrate on. Sorry if off topic

Back
Top Bottom