Ex Player Josh Ruffels

No. Like the rest if the team he started poorly.
He did improve as the season went on. He scored 5, made a few assists and his defending improved as the season went on.
People who say that he is not good enough to play in a Top 6 team seem to forget less than a year ago.
With a more solid start to the season (Stevens, Long, Atkinson, Moore and Ruffels) I can see no reason why he can't get back to his best.
Midfield and wide men are far bigger things to worry about going forwards in my view
Having said all of that a decision needs to be made on whether Elechi is considered as serious back up to Ruffels or not.

I agree about Elechi and if he's not seen as an immediate replacement then we need to bring another left back in. With Stevens, (Eastwood?), Moore, Atkinson, McNally, Long and Ruffels, we're not far off having our defence sorted for next season. Two full backs and a 4th centre back (or a player who can genuinely play in multiple positions) and we're done.

The assumption has to be that Ruffels is seen as far better than Elechi.
Have you seen Elechi play?
My suspicion is that we need better back up than Elechi if Ruffels is to be put under pressure
I haven’t but there is a lot of talk about him. Whether he is better than Ruffels or has the potential to be, is yet to be seen. We need to strengthen that area and I wouldn’t be at all sad if we signed someone of proven quality to compete with Josh at LB.

I reckon the decision has been made on Elechi, not a clue if he is any good myself, but if Hanson starts at left back ahead of you then it’s hard to see him getting a chance under Robinson. To play full back under Robinson you are better off not actually being a full back, he has a weird attitude to the position.
I suspect that you are right re Elechi.
If he has any chance he will play in dead rubbers at the end of the season, but I agree that the decision has probably been made.

I reckon the decision has been made on Elechi, not a clue if he is any good myself, but if Hanson starts at left back ahead of you then it’s hard to see him getting a chance under Robinson. To play full back under Robinson you are better off not actually being a full back, he has a weird attitude to the position.
You can't move players between bubbles so we couldn't have just put Elechi in the team.

But they did put Hall in the u23’s and McNally and the latter has been with the first team as recently as the weekend just gone. So there is movement when the club really want it.

Elechi needs to play this season then he will retained or released.

I have seen him play a number of times and I like him. He’s physical. I’d estimate around 6-2-6-3. He’s quick and direct and has an eye for a goal.

His positioning and defending needed working on but that can and will be have been worked on. If he’s let go without been given a chance, for me, it would be a big shame.

Lofthouse covered for Casey (captain) at Woking, in the LB position for a while before now moving back to RB. Has looked very accomplished on both sides - I expect he'll be closer to our first team next season.

Long has scored more than either , created as many chances and defends better .
May not look as ' polished ' but I'd look at midfield 100x more than either full back tbh
I'd say that player of season is between Sam Long, Jack Stevens or Elliott Moore. Can't imagine that we'd be looking at dropping any if them next season!

Cadden or Baldock type players.
Oh what a surprise, we’re overlooking the quality we currently have because we are (for some odd reason) obsessed with what we used to have 😅

Sam Long is better than Chris Cadden. Sam Long is my player of the season! He bleeds yellow and blue and Chris Cadden bleeds whatever colour the money is..

Baldock was absolutely quality though, I’ll give you that one! However, a player of his quality doesn’t come around very often.

Sam Long for me, with Jack as young player of the year. But all have been outstanding.

Got to keep the family happy [emoji23][emoji23]

Moore, Long, Taylor. Stevens I agree as young player.

Back
Top Bottom