Ex Player John Mousinho

We kept him registered to play when there was little chance of him doing so just so that he could fulfil the requirement to be the PFA chairman and this is how he repays us.

But who is this "we". The supporters didn't decide to keep him registered*, I doubt Tiger had a clue what the clown was up to, Tim probably has a note somewhere but he was never going to make a change and finally Grant probably thought "Mousinho" was a proprietary cake topping. The person Mous owes loyalty to is the one who made that happen.

I think the forum would find the club is an abstract concept that's of far more concern to fans than to the functionaries and ultimately the owners.

* Can't be, since @Scotchegg wasn't on the recruiting panel then.

Couldn’t disagree more. Can’t stand that. Players should celebrate scoring no matter who the opponent. It’s their job and they’re paid to do it. Goading or ‘over celebrating’ is perhaps a different matter, ie purposefully shithousing people off undeservedly, but I can’t stand it when a player scores against a club they were at for five minutes and puts their hands up as though they’re apologising. Even if a player was at a club for a number of years, they shouldn’t be afraid to run towards their own fans in celebration.

Comfortably my least favourite thing about modern football culture.
Yeah, there's a big difference between celebrating scoring a goal and gloating or taunting your former club. Celebrating a goal doesn't make you a dick.

Someone put Lysergic acid diethylamide in my coffee this morning. There's no other explanation for it.

They may have been doing this for a while.

Someone put Lysergic acid diethylamide in my coffee this morning. There's no other explanation for it.

They may have been doing this for a while.
Blame Lucy, bet it was her.

tries to make capital out of his former club's misfortune.
Did you read what he said, in context? He is hardly gloating, he's just saying he would prefer that they'd be disrupted as it would help their title push. For the rest of the interview he says what a great squad and structure we have, and that we've been challenging really hard. Massive overreaction on this board to something that Mous said that is pretty tame and overall respectful tbh.

What do some of you expect him to say?

"I think, due to the incredible soft spot I have for Bran, I'd be more than happy with Oxford winning and us coming second."?

Do you also think he should ask his team to let us win when we play them, just because he used to play for us?

It's in his interests for Portsmouth to get promoted. If a competitor falls away, that task becomes a lot easier.

Hmm.. a debatable choice of words by Mousinho so I understand why some people are a little peeved by what he said, especially this week and the feeling around the club after the manner of Manning’s departure. The political answer would be that he can only influence his own club‘s performance and anything else is largely out of his control but you know what us supporters are like….’He’s a c***, he’s a snake, he’s gonna get pelters next time we play ‘em etc etc.‘
He just hasn’t learnt the stock answers as a manager yet and spoke a bit too honestly, I think that’s all there is to this.

Whatever he said was in his and Pompeys interest. If we take exception to it, should be plastered all over the changing room. Tomorrow at orient

‘We’ll see, though. The way they’ve put things together they’ve got some excellent players regardless of whoever is head coach. They’ve recruited really well and will be strong regardless.’

What an absolute bastard.

Not sure what all the fuss is about, the best reply is to beat them when we play them.

It is a compliment that other teams see us as a threat to their promotion challenge and shows they are worried about us.

I think Mousinho leaving us was the best thing to happen, while he was here results would be just good enough to keep Robinson in charge, mainly down to Mousinho, so had he never left Robinson would have been in charge longer. The man who should have got the job had to leave so that the man who should have been fired could crash and burn, which obviously happened. Williams being to close to Robinson meant it was never going to play out any other way. I wonder how effective the schmoozing of Ryan Giggs is? Can't see telling him stories about Robbie Fowler and Sam Allardyce being so effective.

Congratulations to John Mousinho on what is a cracking achievement in his first management job though, can see him getting a big club in the championship fairly soon.

Whether Mous would have done as well here, who knows.

But regardless, he has done incredibly well. Well done Mous, a fantastic job 👏

It will be very interesting to see how Pompey will do next season. They have been incredibly resilient and pragmatic this season. I suspect that he will want to change style a little in the Championship. No reason why they shouldn't stay up.

Not sure if Mous had got our job he’d have had the same success here. Just get the feeling it’s been better behind the scenes at Pompey compared to Ox over the last 12 months.

So the dithering of our board over sacking Robinson has probably helped his career.

Pleased for him because he seems like a top bloke.

Back
Top Bottom