Ex Player John Mousinho

Mousinho is being crucified for saying this at a BBC Radio Solent Pompey Fans Forum last night:

Pompey have what 12 new players in? I am not sure whether they have paid any fees and where they are in regard to salaries spent ( I assume that they are in the top 6)
They were 8th last season. I would have thought that unless they have gone for it big time financially, a Top 4/5 place could hardly be described as 'failure' but I know that some supporters would go the failure route and many would suggest that he should get them promoted.
TBF Mous would have known that expectations are very high at Pompey. I hope for his sake that they get a decent start

Pompey have what 12 new players in? I am not sure whether they have paid any fees and where they are in regard to salaries spent ( I assume that they are in the top 6)
They were 8th last season. I would have thought that unless they have gone for it big time financially, a Top 4/5 place could hardly be described as 'failure' but I know that some supporters would go the failure route and many would suggest that he should get them promoted.
TBF Mous would have known that expectations are very high at Pompey. I hope for his sake that they get a decent start
If he gets them to the playoffs, that is a success.

That set of fans are part of the problem down there. Their self perception is that they are the magical Pompey chimes but from the outside looking in they don’t allow managers time to imprint their style and mark on the club before forcing them out.

We may not be flourishing above them, but all the evidence generally says clubs are more successful when they don’t regularly change their manager. I do like the patience we generally show and it’s allowed wilder, Appleton and even Robinson to have some sort of success that may not otherwise have been achieved

I was on a referees’ training course last week, with the FA telling us about the new rules for managers’ conduct during and after a game, and that now only 1 manager/coach can be stood in the technical area with all others either sat down or, at the very least, stood next to their seat.

The FA specifically mentioned Mous’ approach to this and how he will need to adapt his approach this season.

I can see the new rules will suit laid-back coaches like Manning whilst really not helping those like Klopp.

I was on a referees’ training course last week, with the FA telling us about the new rules for managers’ conduct during and after a game, and that now only 1 manager/coach can be stood in the technical area with all others either sat down or, at the very least, stood next to their seat.

The FA specifically mentioned Mous’ approach to this and how he will need to adapt his approach this season.

I can see the new rules will suit laid-back coaches like Manning whilst really not helping those like Klopp.

Can't see those rules being enforced.

Managers will play nice for a week or so and then it'll go back to normal

That set of fans are part of the problem down there. Their self perception is that they are the magical Pompey chimes but from the outside looking in they don’t allow managers time to imprint their style and mark on the club before forcing them out.
A Portsmouth fan I used to share a few mutual friends with once told me that if ISIS had a football team, he would support them before he would ever support Oxford. He absolutely f*****g hated us, and he wasn’t the first Pompey fan I’ve met who felt similarly. Although he was definitely the most creative.

I would be happy for them to lose the playoffs every year for the next decade while spiralling further and further into a collective meltdown. And I know just the manager for the job if they ever give Mous the bullet.

A Portsmouth fan I used to share a few mutual friends with once told me that if ISIS had a football team, he would support them before he would ever support Oxford. He absolutely f*****g hated us, and he wasn’t the first Pompey fan I’ve met who felt similarly. Although he was definitely the most creative.

I would be happy for them to lose the playoffs every year for the next decade while spiralling further and further into a collective meltdown. And I know just the manager for the job if they ever give Mous the bullet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Portsmouth are the team we've played the most (at least since entering the football league) so I imagine it could be familiarity breeding contempt.

A lad I used to play 5-a-side with was Pompey, his son had been showing an interest in OUFC but he refused to take him to a game because he "can't f*****g stand" Oxford.

Mousinho is being crucified for saying this at a BBC Radio Solent Pompey Fans Forum last night:

I think the fan is right about it being a weaker league this season. It's been clogged up for a few seasons with the big clubs of Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday not getting promoted. The relegated teams of Blackpool, Reading and Wigan, I don't think are that strong and are coming out of financial issues. There are no big clubs climbing out of league 2 last season. Charlton are just completing a takeover so that will need time to settle in.

I see on Skybet we are now 9/1 for league winners. (was 16/1). Perhaps the 5-0 over QPR has something to do with it.

Also finally Skybet are offering the relegation market for L1.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Portsmouth are the team we've played the most (at least since entering the football league) so I imagine it could be familiarity breeding contempt.

That's correct. I'm kind of doing this from memory but according to RageOnline, these are the top three opponents and the number of times we've played them:

Portsmouth 74 times
Bristol Rovers 64 times
Swindon 62 times

EDIT. RageOnline really needs a 'Top 10 Most Played Opponents' section in the Ad Hoc section for quick reference!

I don't hate them, I think of them more as bitter rivals. We've got to have someone to play, after all.

That's correct. I'm kind of doing this from memory but according to RageOnline, these are the top three opponents and the number of times we've played them:

Portsmouth 74 times
Bristol Rovers 64 times
Swindon 62 times

EDIT. RageOnline really needs a 'Top 10 Most Played Opponents' section in the Ad Hoc section for quick reference!
I reckon Plymouth Argyle would be in the top 10.

Back
Top Bottom