General Mousinho and the PFA

I was wondering the same. I think he was let go / made redundant/ or left during 2020 as he had family vulnerable Covid-19.

Someone I’d like to see back at the club.

After Joey, possibly the next biggest influence on my early love for OUFC.

Nothing against the bloke, and I’d fully support him if he took over, but I’d be pretty disappointed if KR’s eventual replacement were Mous to be honest.

Nothing against the bloke, and I’d fully support him if he took over, but I’d be pretty disappointed if KR’s eventual replacement were Mous to be honest.
Ah who knows, he might be the next Liam Manning. He’s a pretty impressive guy, though he probably needs some experience elsewhere first.

Ah who knows, he might be the next Liam Manning. He’s a pretty impressive guy, though he probably needs some experience elsewhere first.
So rather than getting his first managerial experience somewhere where he knows the club, the staff, the ethos, the city, the board and the fans really well already, he would be better going somewhere completely new and having to adapt to a wholly different environment?

So rather than getting his first managerial experience somewhere where he knows the club, the staff, the ethos, the city, the board and the fans really well already, he would be better going somewhere completely new and having to adapt to a wholly different environment?
I was just thinking Liam Manning had coached abroad, exposure to different influences can be very beneficial

If they went through a proper recruitment process and he got the job, I wouldn't personally be disappointed.

If they went through a proper recruitment process and he got the job, I wouldn't personally be disappointed.

True although zero experience as first-team coach would raise question marks.

Everyone needs their break somewhere, but the top ten of League One is pretty high up the pyramid for most and would represent a risk.

Particularly given that we don’t have a Director of Football. Under the current set-up he’d be running the show (and possibly doing too much).

Everyone needs their break somewhere, but the top ten of League One is pretty high up the pyramid for most and would represent a risk.

Particularly given that we don’t have a Director of Football. Under the current set-up he’d be running the show (and possibly doing too much).

If he’s being groomed for the job then I’d argue the experience he’s getting now as part of the backroom staff would be pretty invaluable.

An intelligent and universally popular guy with a great relationship with the club and fans and good footballing pedigree. Much rather taking a chance on him rather than plucking one off the managerial merry-go-round.

Have a feeling he might be offered the Burton job when JF-H moves on though.

Absolutely. He wound down his career here but he is understandably a club legend at Burton, I’m sure.

If he’s being groomed for the job then I’d argue the experience he’s getting now as part of the backroom staff would be pretty invaluable.

An intelligent and universally popular guy with a great relationship with the club and fans and good footballing pedigree. Much rather taking a chance on him rather than plucking one off the managerial merry-go-round.

Absolutely all of this.
Intelligent, articulate knows the club, players and culture. Keen to learn.
As opposed to some 50 year old been around the block, been sacked a few times therefore "experienced". Prefer someone on the way up, rather than on the way down.

And I'm sure right that Burton would want him if opportunity arose there before with us.

Previous comment about Karl wanting to follow the Anfield bootroom model also sounds right.

Perhaps @werthersoriginal was thinking of what's best for OUFC rather than for Mousinho?

This worries me about KR at times. Some of his interviews after games or at the end of transfer windows, he sounds shattered. It’s not like most professions where he can book a week of annual leave (unless you get lucky with an international break or exit the cups early) when he’s feeling run down.

A DoF would take the hiring and acquiring aspect of his job off his plate. He would be part of the meet and greet process but he does appear to be involved in all parts of the process and I don’t think he has to be.

As for Mous, if you haven’t cut your teeth in management lower down the pyramid, then at least working alongside a manager with over 600 games to his name can’t be all that bad. Some assistants go on to be decent, some not. It can be a gamble.

A DoF would take the hiring and acquiring aspect of his job off his plate. He would be part of the meet and greet process but he does appear to be involved in all parts of the process and I don’t think he has to be.

Yup. And it’s quotes like this from earlier this month which cause a very slight concern as to how many different hats KR wears.

83dec7c97cd7761a88400126ce2e841f.jpg

I want my Head Coach spending all of his time on coaching his players, not worrying about what hue of paint we’re covering the walls with!

(This is a light-hearted comment btw, before the hard-liners take issue. But on a more serious note, it’s really stuff he shouldn’t need to be worrying/talking about).

This worries me about KR at times. Some of his interviews after games or at the end of transfer windows, he sounds shattered. It’s not like most professions where he can book a week of annual leave (unless you get lucky with an international break or exit the cups early) when he’s feeling run down.

As for Mous, if you haven’t cut your teeth in management lower down the pyramid, then at least working alongside a manager with over 600 games to his name can’t be all that bad. Some assistants go on to be decent, some not. It can be a gamble.

A DoF is the single difference I saw in ours and MK Dons season’s last season.

We’d be so much better off if we had one.

Yup. And it’s quotes like this from earlier this month which cause a very slight concern as to how many different hats KR wears.

83dec7c97cd7761a88400126ce2e841f.jpg

I want my Head Coach spending all of his time on coaching his players, not worrying about what hue of paint we’re covering the walls with!

(This is a light-hearted comment btw, before the hard-liners take issue. But on a more serious note, it’s really stuff he shouldn’t need to be worrying/talking about).

Back
Top Bottom