General Jan transfer window

what debts?
interesting to know more as we've sold players we've taken on free transfers and paid peanuts for millions way over 10-15 million in recent years easily plus cup runs income.......
Where did you get that from?

If we go back to 2016 - can't remember many big sales from early 2010s - then we've sold Roofe (£3mill), O'Dowda (£1mill + add ons), Lundstrum (£700k), Johnson (£2.43 mill) Ledson (£500k), Whyte (£2 mill + add ons), Baptiste (£4 mill) and Fosu (£750k). Rothwell and Nelson both left on free transfers.

Those numbers - which I Googled from Wiki and Transfer Market site - add up to £14,380,000. However, we've paid fees for Whyte, Hanson, Sykes, Nelson, Rothwell, Hemmings, Ledson, Johnson and Roofe. None of these would have been anywhere near the numbers we sold them for, but as an example it was approx. £250,000 for Hemmings, £650,000 for Johnson, £280,000 for Nelson and Hanson was apparently "the most expensive signing" Karl has ever made. All of those I've mentioned add up to approx. £1.5 million.

To my untrained eye I have no idea to see how player trading breaks down in the accounts as money in and out is staggered over the contract. Further we know that Eales had a charge of £4,275,000 for monies still due to be received for players sold between 2014 - 2018 which went in to the Escro account rather than to the club for those player sales, so that brings our £14,380,000 down to £10 million.

What we do know is that our accounts (and these will include revenue from cup runs in 2015-16 and 17-18) for 2014 - 2018 show losses of: 2014/2015 - £2.4 mill; 2015/2016 - £1.8 mill; 2016/2017 profit £649k; 2017/2018 - £2 mill. These add up to £5,551,000 up to June 2018.

Let's say that the first year under Tiger (outstanding service charge for the stadium, finishing of training ground, putting more money in during his first season than the last year under Eales where many people on thought the club were cost cutting) the loss was a v conservative £2.5 million then that puts our losses for the five year period 2014 - 2019 as a a combined £8 million.

I'm not clever enough to know if historic debt to Lenagan / Eales is already covered in those figures, but does this give some background as to why the club isn't swimming in cash?!

Sorry that developed in to a far longer post than intended - I'm also financially blind so go play "Spot the errors"!! :)

If we go back to 2016 - can't remember many big sales from early 2010s - then we've sold Roofe (£3mill), O'Dowda (£1mill + add ons), Lundstrum (£700k), Johnson (£2.43 mill) Ledson (£500k), Whyte (£2 mill + add ons), Baptiste (£4 mill) and Fosu (£750k). Rothwell and Nelson both left on free transfers.

Those numbers - which I Googled from Wiki and Transfer Market site - add up to £14,380,000. However, we've paid fees for Whyte, Hanson, Sykes, Nelson, Rothwell, Hemmings, Ledson, Johnson and Roofe. None of these would have been anywhere near the numbers we sold them for, but as an example it was approx. £250,000 for Hemmings, £650,000 for Johnson, £280,000 for Nelson and Hanson was apparently "the most expensive signing" Karl has ever made. All of those I've mentioned add up to approx. £1.5 million.

To my untrained eye I have no idea to see how player trading breaks down in the accounts as money in and out is staggered over the contract. Further we know that Eales had a charge of £4,275,000 for monies still due to be received for players sold between 2014 - 2018 which went in to the Escro account rather than to the club for those player sales, so that brings our £14,380,000 down to £10 million.

What we do know is that our accounts (and these will include revenue from cup runs in 2015-16 and 17-18) for 2014 - 2018 show losses of: 2014/2015 - £2.4 mill; 2015/2016 - £1.8 mill; 2016/2017 profit £649k; 2017/2018 - £2 mill. These add up to £5,551,000 up to June 2018.

Let's say that the first year under Tiger (outstanding service charge for the stadium, finishing of training ground, putting more money in during his first season than the last year under Eales where many people on thought the club were cost cutting) the loss was a v conservative £2.5 million then that puts our losses for the five year period 2014 - 2019 as a a combined £8 million.

I'm not clever enough to know if historic debt to Lenagan / Eales is already covered in those figures, but does this give some background as to why the club isn't swimming in cash?!

Sorry that developed in to a far longer post than intended - I'm also financially blind so go play "Spot the errors"!! :)

Thought this was a transfers thread

Blimmin hell. Conspiracy theories gone absolutely mad.
What reason would justify agreeing to 9 games in one month? EFL rules state it’s for the two clubs to agree a new date for the match and if they can’t the EFL will decide. However if one of the teams can give a sensible reason for delaying the match, as in too many games, the EFL will allow games to be delayed.

Why hasn't the OFS put a statement out yet saying we have sold Fosu and Baptiste? Is it because we are waiting to announce a signing or are they going to announce we have sold them at 11pm and say their was no time to reinvest the money.

Mrs Lounger and I retired last night cursing the board and the events of the evening but, waking this morning and thinking about the whole situation we both agreed that, on the whole, things may not be at catastrophe levels, yet. However, it is galling that, again, the promoted ambitions of the club, board and the long desired aims of the support, seem to have been dashed.
Yes, OUFC is not a big player in the football world but, Tiger (and the board?) have consistently broadcast their ambition to achieve promotion to the next level and maybe even to the Premiership.
We just wonder how that is to be achieved when the club, apparently, has so little control over how the business of player transactions is managed?
To hear this morning that a player that we have courted for a month, has declined a move on personal grounds, and this despite his club agreeing a fee, is yet another question mark over the current recruitment and how poorly we manage expectations amongst supporters.

I was always taught that if you've got nothing to say, say nothing.
Let us all hope and expect, a couple of good surprises later today. And, a bloody good win tomorrow.

Its simple we dont seem to be competitive enough. In the same vein
We have Forde, Woodburn, Napa and Henry to come back, plus Lofthouse, with Browne, Holland & Sykes. We have a lot unanswered questions, but there are numbers once fully fit

Napa?? Never a first team player. Not good enough by far.

Why hasn't the OFS put a statement out yet saying we have sold Fosu and Baptiste? Is it because we are waiting to announce a signing or are they going to announce we have sold them at 11pm and say their was no time to reinvest the money.
Or maybe the deals still haven't been finalised at Brentford...

Brentford haven't announced anything either

Or maybe the deals still haven't been finalised at Brentford...
Exactly! This was the reason that KR said he didn't want to name the club yesterday...obvs other bidders in the game.

We got a token fee for Rothwell when he want to Blackburn - a development fee due to his age. No idea on the amount we got though!

We also paid money for Kelleher to Portadown also :). Again, not sure on the actual figure paid.

Why? Robbo said to expect nothing and until any funds are confirmed for Baptiste and Fosu then certainly nada
And if for example we're interested in the lad from Oldham, he'll have to travel down, have a medical, agree terms etc etc. Understandable how it could be a late one.

What reason would justify agreeing to 9 games in one month? EFL rules state it’s for the two clubs to agree a new date for the match and if they can’t the EFL will decide. However if one of the teams can give a sensible reason for delaying the match, as in too many games, the EFL will allow games to be delayed.
The league games were arranged before we had even played Newcastle.
Burton was set at the start of the season.
So there were six games in the original fixture list and 3 had been added before we drew with Newcastle.
The 5th round of the FA Cup us in.the first midweek in March (?)
I have no idea. I suspect that we are trying to catch up the games missed through being cancelled due to the FA Cup.
The suggestion that this was due to cashflow problems is in my view madness.

Back
Top Bottom