General Jan transfer window

750k for Cadden who’s 23 years old. That’s nothing if he’s our right back for the next 5 years.

People suggesting we shouldn't invest £750,000 for Cadds.......why not? If the club see a return, and I don't see why we wouldn't, £750K will hopefully, turn into chump change when we sell him as a Championship right wing back.

Furthermore, look at Sheffield United and Enda Stevens and George Baldock. Having watched that side last night, these premiership footballers were L2 players not so long ago and to be honest, thinking about it, Cadden is better than Baldock was.
I can’t agree with you over Baldock/Cadden

People suggesting we shouldn't invest £750,000 for Cadds.......why not?
Well surely it depends entirely on what the budget is for this transfer window?

If we've got a lot more than £750,000 to spend then why not? Could be a good investment for the future and would be an asset for the team.

If we haven't got much more than that, would we forgo a new midfielder, a new left back, a new winger and/or a new striker (or any combination of those) in order to afford him?

Just for info
See YouTube video 'lunch with gonzo'
Mentions Nathan Holland possibly coming

Hammers chat west Ham forum

I can’t agree with you over Baldock/Cadden

I think Cadden is better than Baldock was here. For starters we are playing a level higher and I think there is a massive step up from doing the business in a top L1 side compared to one in L2.

Don’t get me wrong Baldock was magnificent and he is clearly a better player than Cadden is right now given the level he’s gone on to play at but in an Oxford jersey it’s Cadden for me. All round I just feel he offers that touch more than Baldock did and has an extra 10% of energy. It probably helps that he’s linking up with a very clever footballer in Henry rather than the more energetic type of player that Macdonald was to Baldock.

Not a lot in it but Robinson too is clearly in the Cadden camp given the fight he is putting up to land him as opposed to what he did with Baldock at MK - off loading him on loan to L2.

750k for Cadden who’s 23 years old. That’s nothing if he’s our right back for the next 5 years.
I get your point but it could be argued that if he’s still with us in 5 years time then he wasn’t a great investment at £750k. It all depends on what level we’re playing at in 5 years of course but I reckon if we’re contemplating forking out that level of investment, we’ll be looking at a big return financially within 18 months. Would we get that from just being in the championship? Genuine question.

People suggesting we shouldn't invest £750,000 for Cadds.......why not? If the club see a return, and I don't see why we wouldn't, £750K will hopefully, turn into chump change when we sell him as a Championship right wing back.

Furthermore, look at Sheffield United and Enda Stevens and George Baldock. Having watched that side last night, these premiership footballers were L2 players not so long ago and to be honest, thinking about it, Cadden is better than Baldock was.

Sorry, I like Cadden but NO WAY is he better than Baldock is or was! People have very short memories and always want to be big up our current players over ex ones (understandably, it’s fair enough) a bit like how people like to claim their current partner is better than their exes in every way, but Baldock, while at a lower level obviously, was brilliant for us, especially towards the end... anyone remember that goal he scored just before he left?

I think Cadden is better than Baldock was here. For starters we are playing a level higher and I think there is a massive step up from doing the business in a top L1 side compared to one in L2.

Don’t get me wrong Baldock was magnificent and he is clearly a better player than Cadden is right now given the level he’s gone on to play at but in an Oxford jersey it’s Cadden for me. All round I just feel he offers that touch more than Baldock did and has an extra 10% of energy. It probably helps that he’s linking up with a very clever footballer in Henry rather than the more energetic type of player that Macdonald was to Baldock.

Not a lot in it but Robinson too is clearly in the Cadden camp given the fight he is putting up to land him as opposed to what he did with Baldock at MK - off loading him on loan to L2.

Yeah and then didn’t MK recall him (not sure if that was KR or not) and then he was MK’s young player of the year, they sold him on to a championship team and he’s now in the PL! Put it this way, if we did buy Cadden and then Sheffield Utd suddenly offered us a swap deal for him and George Baldock I can guarantee you Robinson would immediately accept it...

Yeah and then didn’t MK recall him (not sure if that was KR or not) and then he was MK’s young player of the year, they sold him on to a championship team and he’s now in the PL! Put it this way, if we did buy Cadden and then Sheffield Utd suddenly offered us a swap deal for him and George Baldock I can guarantee you Robinson would immediately accept it...
And I can guarantee you that my trousers would be off and my torso oiled before he’d even finished signing the contract.

Sorry, I like Cadden but NO WAY is he better than Baldock is or was! People have very short memories and always want to be big up our current players over ex ones (understandably, it’s fair enough) a bit like how people like to claim their current partner is better than their exes in every way, but Baldock, while at a lower level obviously, was brilliant for us, especially towards the end... anyone remember that goal he scored just before he left?

Not sure who was better but id say Cadden is equally important to us now as Baldock was then and I would push the boat out to keep him if at all possible.

Not sure who was better but id say Cadden is equally important to us now as Baldock was then and I would push the boat out to keep him if at all possible.
Quite a good pairing between Baldock and Graham

No klaxon today then? So that won’t be anyone in before tomorrow then, can’t see a klaxon going before a game on match day....so no change there then.

Back
Top Bottom