General Jan transfer window

Peterborough have just announced the loan signing of winger Reece Brown from Huddersfield. Decent signing.

Yup...think we may have been in the mix but know the recruitment guy there and it makes sense!

View attachment 2674

@ttg17 as you can see, despite people saying his deliveries are limited, he has contributed heavily towards our attacking success. This was put together at the start of December so the data may be slightly different, at this point. I don't think we can say that 800k for Cadden is excessive when we expect teams to pay millions for our players. I think 800k is a good deal, considering his age and potential re-sale value.

He is one of, if not THE best RB in League 1 and the data backs that up.
I can't believe how negative some people have been about him recently! Potential still massive.

I see both sides , yes he has potential to be worth more and is a very good player now for us but as a club to spend the figures quoted for a right back is quite scary ....its still alot of money for a Div 1 side and not the most vital of positions.
Hope he signs though and we do have the money without selling others .
Ambitious if we are

• React
Reactions: Ian
I think people need to relax regarding Dickie, Shandon and Cam leaving this window. Unless an "Unbelievable" offer comes in, and I do mean unbelievable, not a Darryl Eales unbelievable, then they will be at the club. We'll say to them the same thing we said to Ledson - stay with us until the Summer and we'll let you go then. In fact I expect all 3 to depart during the summer, during this window though I have confidence the club won't sell.

I think people need to relax regarding Dickie, Shandon and Cam leaving this window. Unless an "Unbelievable" offer comes in, and I do mean unbelievable, not a Darryl Eales unbelievable, then they will be at the club. We'll say to them the same thing we said to Ledson - stay with us until the Summer and we'll let you go then. In fact I expect all 3 to depart during the summer, during this window though I have confidence the club won't sell.
Re; Leaving at the end of the season. Wouldn't that depend (potentially) on which division we end up in? L1 is very tight this season and there is a chance we will end up in the Championship. If the other offers the players (or perhaps more accurately, their agents!) get are from middling Champ sides where they may ( a la Nelson) end up spending significant time on the subs bench - they may prefer to stay and actually play football!
If's, but's and maybe's though - as long as they stay through this window at least we might get a chance to find out!

For the record I wasn’t being deliberately negative when asking for CC’s numbers, it was a genuine question - I feel it’s important to base decisions like these on stats, rather than just sentiment.

Also just seen Herbie Kane has gone to Hull on loan. Wasn’t there some optimistic chatter about us getting him in?

For the record I wasn’t being deliberately negative when asking for CC’s numbers, it was a genuine question - I feel it’s important to base decisions like these on stats, rather than just sentiment.

Also just seen Herbie Kane has gone to Hull on loan. Wasn’t there some optimistic chatter about us getting him in?
Nah I get that mate, it's a perfectly valid thing to ask for when discussing the effectiveness of a player.

KR could play his strongest side tomorroe to make up for the poor performance the "rested" gave at Doncaster.

Back
Top Bottom