General Jan transfer window

How exactly are we seriously still "chasing promotion"
Most clubs are chasing promotion but all clubs have to be careful don't they? There is a possibility that Tiger thinks going up this season is not a good thing. But no chairman can admit that can they?

I'm suggesting they are chasing promotion with an eye on keeping losses down, wouldn't it be sensible to be careful until there is light at the end of the tunnel with the Stadium?

ok i will bite again.

When a plot of land is available will they drag their feet? when they have all the outlets they are clearly seeking, based on evidence today would you seriously believe and trust that they will invest at that point in the playing side?
When Brand Oxford is bringing in their income do you see them staying attached to the football club?

Keeping losses down, we already have this season with 3 10k attendances in a row, 1 sell out, cup and TV money. There is no excuse any one can give me that will change my mind. The board have failed not signing another striker and a rb.
Losses could easily still be 500 thousand?

Losses could easily still be 500 thousand?

Losses will be even more once the crowds start dwindling. Fans want to see a club going forwards all the time. Tiger kept asking for more people to turn up, they have and the fanbase is slowly growing, but this will soon be reversed if we end up mid table fodder.

Given the time I have accepted that there will be no incomings this window. Unless we sign another one or two players who are "for the future"

Most clubs are chasing promotion but all clubs have to be careful don't they? There is a possibility that Tiger thinks going up this season is not a good thing. But no chairman can admit that can they?

gees your hard work

well you certainly don't tell fans of the fans club that you're ambitious and seeking promotion then do f**k all on the day it was most needed, it's not like the board have an aversion to keeping silent.

Losses will be even more once the crowds start dwindling. Fans want to see a club going forwards all the time. Tiger kept asking for more people to turn up, they have and the fanbase is slowly growing, but this will soon be reversed if we end up mid table fodder.
I’ll still go if we are mid table, are you a glory hunter?

ok i will bite again.

When a plot of land is available will they drag their feet? when they have all the outlets they are clearly seeking, based on evidence today would you seriously believe and trust that they will invest at that point in the playing side?
When Brand Oxford is bringing in their income do you see them staying attached to the football club?
I understand your suspicions about the owners you may be right, why do you think they have invested quite a bit into youth? And time and effort it seems? I find it hard to believe a club would have made so much progress on the pitch in the last 18 months if the owners didn't have there heart in the right place.
To me Tiger is interested seriously in the playing side.

A lot of people on this forum have been deeply sceptical of Tiger from day one, and I’m one of them. Selling both players on the day before deadline day tells us all very clearly that Tiger and his mates have no interest in the football side of all this. Why on earth sell them now? Wait for just over 12 weeks, then sell one of them to balance the books if we don’t go up. I’m disappointed, but not very surprised. Tiger will cash in on Dickie and Brannigan in the summer, and will bring in a few loanees to paper over the cracks. Wouldn’t blame KR at all if he went.....

A lot of people on this forum have been deeply sceptical of Tiger from day one, and I’m one of them. Selling both players on the day before deadline day tells us all very clearly that Tiger and his mates have no interest in the football side of all this. Why on earth sell them now? Wait for just over 12 weeks, then sell one of them to balance the books if we don’t go up. I’m disappointed, but not very surprised. Tiger will cash in on Dickie and Brannigan in the summer, and will bring in a few loanees to paper over the cracks. Wouldn’t blame KR at all if he went.....
You do realise that we had no choice re Fosu dont you?

Back
Top Bottom