General Jan transfer window

Not replacing Cadden is criminal given the time we’ve had
There was never any intention to replace Cadden, that became apparent about a fortnight ago when we started talking about "slightly tweaking" deals and any replacements being better than what theyve got.

I go to Tesco with the intention of buying some baked beans but that doesn't mean i come home with fruit, it's either a) out of stock b) past their sell by date or c) the price keeps going up so no value

After all i still have plenty in the cupboard at home to keep me going for the next few months so no disaster, particularly as i've just made some good money selling some baked beans that asked to move to a higher shelf in my cupboard
Hi Tiger. Hope youre well.

Well in that case we may as well sell Brannagan and Dickie as well then!

I get that we're a selling club, but at some point we're going to have to keep hold of these players if we really want to progress, because if we keep selling key players who have only been here five minutes on the cheap, then we'll forever be a club treading water, going nowhere
We will sell both in summer and both wanted to stay to try and get club promoted. Shandon and Tariqe didn't care they wanted the next level now.

And another. We don't know if any other deals offered any more concrete money on it. Perhaps Brentford was the right offer and we have to be realistic in terms of what we can expect for a player that is still relatively inexperienced. Would rather Baptiste would have stayed, but as such, we can't force anyone to stay either
I would rather Fosu stayed out of the two.

Firstly, congratulations to Shandon and Tariqe on what must vastly improved contracts and the chance to play football at a higher level. Karl has been extremely protective of both of them over the season ,Tariqe should have been rested a couple of months ago, but he persisted on playing him when many supporters though he should have been rested.

For all those on the forum who claim allegiance to Oxford over many years, including myself, we have seen this happen many times before. We will still have a strong squad and everything to play for during the rest of the season.
Obviously it's got to be a vastly improved contract as FFS they (Brentford) can't be guaranteed to be promoted at this point of the season so its the money. However, the underlying question is-did we do enough to say to the duo that we are (hoping)going up also and to maybe wait here till then and if we don't make it automatically or the prospect of a fantastic Wembley play off we'll set you free- for a fee... obviously not then. Brentford tbf are a nice family football club who after many years in the shadow of other south and west London clubs are trying like hell to nudge their bollox up a bit with a new ground and some ambitious project but they aren't guaranteed anything yet. The trouble is if I had complete faith with our top brass and I do genuinely have some we probably would be playing the bee's next year especially if we kept the faith with the team we had together only yesterday.

I do hope tomorrow we ride again at dawn.

As an aside did Kev ever get his flag back? The picnic boy's....

Coyy's

Where did you get that from?

If we go back to 2016 - can't remember many big sales from early 2010s - then we've sold Roofe (£3mill), O'Dowda (£1mill + add ons), Lundstrum (£700k), Johnson (£2.43 mill) Ledson (£500k), Whyte (£2 mill + add ons), Baptiste (£4 mill) and Fosu (£750k). Rothwell and Nelson both left on free transfers.

Those numbers - which I Googled from Wiki and Transfer Market site - add up to £14,380,000. However, we've paid fees for Whyte, Hanson, Sykes, Nelson, Rothwell, Hemmings, Ledson, Johnson and Roofe. None of these would have been anywhere near the numbers we sold them for, but as an example it was approx. £250,000 for Hemmings, £650,000 for Johnson, £280,000 for Nelson and Hanson was apparently "the most expensive signing" Karl has ever made. All of those I've mentioned add up to approx. £1.5 million.

To my untrained eye I have no idea to see how player trading breaks down in the accounts as money in and out is staggered over the contract. Further we know that Eales had a charge of £4,275,000 for monies still due to be received for players sold between 2014 - 2018 which went in to the Escro account rather than to the club for those player sales, so that brings our £14,380,000 down to £10 million.

What we do know is that our accounts (and these will include revenue from cup runs in 2015-16 and 17-18) for 2014 - 2018 show losses of: 2014/2015 - £2.4 mill; 2015/2016 - £1.8 mill; 2016/2017 profit £649k; 2017/2018 - £2 mill. These add up to £5,551,000 up to June 2018.

Let's say that the first year under Tiger (outstanding service charge for the stadium, finishing of training ground, putting more money in during his first season than the last year under Eales where many people on thought the club were cost cutting) the loss was a v conservative £2.5 million then that puts our losses for the five year period 2014 - 2019 as a a combined £8 million.

I'm not clever enough to know if historic debt to Lenagan / Eales is already covered in those figures, but does this give some background as to why the club isn't swimming in cash?!

Sorry that developed in to a far longer post than intended - I'm also financially blind so go play "Spot the errors"!! :)

It’s the Pekalski deal...that’s the one that f**ked us!

I go to Tesco with the intention of buying some baked beans but that doesn't mean i come home with fruit, it's either a) out of stock b) past their sell by date or c) the price keeps going up so no value

After all i still have plenty in the cupboard at home to keep me going for the next few months so no disaster, particularly as i've just made some good money selling some baked beans that asked to move to a higher shelf in my cupboard

More like, you have one can of beans at home. You need two in order to feed everyone properly. You go into Tesco, they don't have any. So you have a choice to make. Do I go to another shop which isn't too far away, do I decide to make do with what I've got, or do I sell the bread so we can't have beans on toast?

More like, you have one can of beans at home. You need two in order to feed everyone properly. You go into Tesco, they don't have any. So you have a choice to make. Do I go to another shop which isn't too far away, do I decide to make do with what I've got, or do I sell the bread so we can't have beans on toast?
Biggest problem is that you already pawned the tin opener weeks ago.

We are progressing as a club Rome wasn't built in a day! We are in a better position now than a year ago. It is an extremely difficult way to have to progress relying on loans and new young players every Summer. Perhaps the board want more progress on the ground before taking too many risks.

An estimated 444,000 earned through winning round game cup rounds plus three tv appearances and an estimated 3,000,000 for Fos Bap ( or is it roll or barm ) granted some will be used for the loans wage a but even then that will only be a small amount.....so why the f**k have we failed in getting a RB and a Striker? FFS ( had to get that in )

An estimated 444,000 earned through winning round game cup rounds plus three tv appearances and an estimated 3,000,000 for Fos Bap ( or is it roll or barm ) granted some will be used for the loans wage a but even then that will only be a small amount.....so why the f**k have we failed in getting a RB and a Striker? FFS ( had to get that in )
2m loss most years?

We are progressing as a club Rome wasn't built in a day! We are in a better position now than a year ago. It is an extremely difficult way to have to progress relying on loans and new young players every Summer. Perhaps the board want more progress on the ground before taking too many risks.

yeah that'll be it Gamble on a promotion opportunity as they come along regular...as i said before i bet they show more ambition once a plot of lands is found.

don't worry we're assured the news is heading our way come may

Back
Top Bottom