General Jan transfer window

We know that Fosu has a release clause of £750k, so would expect upwards of £3m for Baptiste as an absolute minimum.
Still think £3m is too low for Baptiste, I still say from what I've seen he could be the most expensive player we sell whevener he goes, he has so much potential and if he can perform at that level consistently, he'll go for well over £3m, and I still sat he's worth more than 3mill now

I know we probably all over value Baptiste a bit because we love him but if the Fosu 750k thing is accurate, 2.25m for an unbelievably promising young player is pathetic.

I can confirm the 750k is true and known throughout the league. That would be hideous for Baptiste.

KR joining Niall on the phone in

My laughable comment was around you suggesting we haven't invested in the squad.

Which teams have added decent permanent signing this window?
blackpool
pompey
posh
burton
bolton
donny
fleetwood
lincoln
sunderland
shrewsbury
Bristol rovers

….and the window is still open!

People are forgetting that Brentford are also a selling club to an extent. Baptiste may go for approx £2-3m but they have a great record of developing players and increasing their value. The likes for Watkins are being quoted at £20-30m!! A good sell on could push our fee to £10m.

For this reason selling to Brentford could be great business.

People are forgetting that Brentford are also a selling club to an extent. Baptiste may go for approx £2-3m but they have a great record of developing players and increasing their value. The likes for Watkins are being quoted at £20-30m!! A good sell on could push our fee to £10m.

If we are to sell then Brentford is a good fit for someone like Baptiste and our future revenue.

Im starting to feel a bit twitchy. Last week we had Zaki telling everyone to forget about stadium speculation for the time being and now we have what looks like a fire sale starting..

Depends how it pans out, we are going for promotion and if it weakens us then not good...

Nobody is thinking about what the players want. I can't see Baptiste wanting to go up to Scotland, maybe Fosu to Brentford (or both). That would probably be better long term for them. And us.
But I'd rather they both stayed.

Will Griggs, bought for £4million?
Why oh why does KR do it? Go public like this? Ok then board of directors, he has publicly stated what he wants permanently, now back him as your manager pushing for promotion.

I guess KR has possibly done this as he is fed up at being pushed back at these recruitment meetings. After the Newcastle game, the director on the radio was asked about the cup money being available for transfers. He cleverly side stepped the question.

Unless things change, its been a poor window, in terms of what we were led to believe by KR would happen at the start of the month.

Why he thinks a board, who so far haven't stumped up fees, apart for the Eastleigh lad, would give him that kind of money to spend, is beyond me.

Having said all that if we get Grigg in on a permanent plus Taylor and Cadden all on permanent deals then that be fantastic business

They’re not offering enough
I guess it depends how players are valued.

while it feels low we are talking about a player who has started 16 leagues and 10 cup games and has encountered 2 bad injuries in his short career so far. He also had a significant injury as his first contract ended which is why he was given 6 months to prove himself

I guess we have to ask whether £2.25m plus i guess add ons is a fair price for potential. Certainly a debating point but fancy the £5m talk may be pushing it a bit too far

Back
Top Bottom