General Jan transfer window

So, two wingers, a midfielder to cover for Woodburn’s new injury, a right back and a left back as cover all incoming in January. KR also says players will leave on loan, he has to be ruthless to make the team better.

After yesterday’s piece with a player sulking, plus today I suspect Hall is off on loan.

in the two matches he played he touched the ball no more than 30 times - we can’t carry someone like that. If players start, they have to contribute. Wonder if Agyei might have a loan too unless they want to keep him at the club to develop

After yesterday’s piece with a player sulking, plus today I suspect Hall is off on loan.

in the two matches he played he touched the ball no more than 30 times - we can’t carry someone like that. If players start, they have to contribute. Wonder if Agyei might have a loan too unless they want to keep him at the club to develop
I’m glad more people are seeing how little Hall contributes. We’ve been carrying him for a while. Despite his latent talent, he is not the type of player we need out there at the moment.

If Hall goes on loan, Agyei will step up. He has impressed me a lot, when he has been given chances. Explosive power and pace and I love how well he can turn his man and smash through the midfield. I believe that once he has settled and worked a bit more defensive discipline into his game, he'll be quality.

It sounds like we are going for it.
Hall, Agyei and even Sykes could be out on loan (he has been very good in the League Cup but poor in the league)
Right back to replace Cadden, Left back cover as Berkoe isntvreasy and then midfield player I stead of Woodburn and 2 wingers.
Plus replacements for and players leaving.
Hopefully this happens as soon as possible in January.

Will KR be bold and offer Hall on loan ?

100% yes. Sykes may have redeemed himself with that cameo against City but with others incoming he could well be surplus too. I can't really see any defenders, the likes of Jones, leaving. Stevens could possibly go to. Archer is obviously a more experienced back up to Eastwood. With two wingers coming in I'd be inclined to send out Agyei too because he isn't getting the number 9 shirt of Taylor and it sounds like the wide berths up front might be gone too.

Personally I think another free scoring striker is an absolute must to add to the list. Mackie, cult hero he is, doesn't get goals. Agyei is raw and currently unreliable. An injury to Taylor and we can kiss goodbye to any hope of promotion. Robbo was reportedly scouting a striker in the Salford v Swindon game. The only one I can see attainable and possibly good enough is Yates from Swindon. Possibly a good move on two fronts, he's done well there and losing him would be a big blow to them.

100% yes. Sykes may have redeemed himself with that cameo against City but with others incoming he could well be surplus too. I can't really see any defenders, the likes of Jones, leaving. Stevens could possibly go to. Archer is obviously a more experienced back up to Eastwood. With two wingers coming in I'd be inclined to send out Agyei too because he isn't getting the number 9 shirt of Taylor and it sounds like the wide berths up front might be gone too.

Personally I think another free scoring striker is an absolute must to add to the list. Mackie, cult hero he is, doesn't get goals. Agyei is raw and currently unreliable. An injury to Taylor and we can kiss goodbye to any hope of promotion. Robbo was reportedly scouting a striker in the Salford v Swindon game. The only one I can see attainable and possibly good enough is Yates from Swindon. Possibly a good move on two fronts, he's done well there and losing him would be a big blow to them.
Yates would be a very good signing. Young, well rounded and exactly what we need right now. Not to mention getting one over on the Scum! Fully behind that move.

Would Archer be willing to sign another contract to just be backup? He probably sees himself as a Championship level keeper not a backup at a League One club.

I missed that, what was said about a player sulking ?

Would Archer be willing to sign another contract to just be backup? He probably sees himself as a Championship level keeper not a backup at a League One club.

That's easy enough.

"It's your place at the moment, show us you're good enough to keep it!"

I missed that, what was said about a player sulking ?

Was in the telegraph piece yesterday.

KR said a player was sulking after being told he wasn't playing vs Man City - ate lunch by himself. KR was pretty stern on it...just linking Hall's recent poor performances despite starting the last few matches and didn't come on on Wednesday

He's been twiddling his thumbs for 6 months previous to coming here so I think he'd be grateful to just be involved. He probably knows his game time would be limited but even that situation is better than sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring as an emergency loan somewhere.

He's not the standard of Easty but hasn't done too much wrong and he made a couple of really sharp saves low down against City. I've always said I think keeper is where we are weakest in depth and Archer would undoubtedly strengthen that position.

It sounds like we are going for it.
Hall, Agyei and even Sykes could be out on loan (he has been very good in the League Cup but poor in the league)
Right back to replace Cadden, Left back cover as Berkoe isntvreasy and then midfield player I stead of Woodburn and 2 wingers.
Plus replacements for and players leaving.
Hopefully this happens as soon as possible in January.

Where are you getting that there’ll be extra players coming in (to replace players leaving) on top of the five new signings that KR mentioned? Or am I missing something?

Where are you getting that there’ll be extra players coming in (to replace players leaving) on top of the five new signings that KR mentioned? Or am I missing something?
I was just suggesting that if Dickie. Baptiste or Brannagan (or Fosu) go ( which isnt impossible), replacements will be needed.

Back
Top Bottom