Ex Player Jack Stevens

At last a shrewd bit of business.
A contract means a better price if he gets back to where he was when the big boys were sniffing about. The loan gets him game time to achieve that.
Good luck to him.

I'd say the Forde new contract was shrewd business as well with then getting a fee for him which wasn't long ago.

Good point. could be the future business model.
Sign them up for a few years, loan them out (along with the wage bill?), and put them in the shop window by playing regularly.

Excellent bit of strategy on the GK front, downside risk has been minimised.

Protected our asset (Stevens) by signing a new contract and getting him out in L1 for first team football to hopefully regain his form.

Meanwhile we have Eastwood who has been on par or better than Stevens, and McGinty to learn/push from the bench.

Really astute management of that area of the pitch.

Keeping a clean sheet atm against Bolton.

Fair play to him. I do wonder if we got rid of the wrong keeper.

Eastwood keep putting us under pressure with poor distribution (as does Findlay). Think we have made a big mistake, I would be dropping Eastwood now but that means risking an inexperienced keeper.

Eastwood keep putting us under pressure with poor distribution (as does Findlay). Think we have made a big mistake, I would be dropping Eastwood now but that means risking an inexperienced keeper.
Easty's distribution yesterday was shocking. Booted it out play every time

Vale colleague on Jack.

"Stevens made 1 class save yesterday, but the rest of what he had to do is what you'd expect a L1 goalkeeper to do so I was hardly wowed. Nothing noticeably better than our keeper from last season. MOTM award rather sums up the quality of the game and our outfielders performance to be honest. Imagine he'll take some confidence from a clean sheet though. "

thinks that’s two for a start !

I think it's fair to say that the first was one you expect a League One keeper to make - though he made it look good for the cameras!

The second was a top notch save. The sort of save he was making in 20/21, but not so much in 21/22. If he does get back to that form, it's great news for the future!

thinks that’s two for a start !
Hi Jack's family member/friend.

I think he'd have been very disappointed to have been beaten by the first one but the second one is definitely a good save, and certainly the kind he was letting in last season.
Game time and rediscovering form is a win for everyone involved in the move so hopefully that's what happens.

Stevens conceded two goals from outside the area last night, Maybe slightly harsh to say he should have done better having watched the highlights however, it is clearly a weakness.

It's crazy. Sign a young goaly that needs to go out on loan to get experience, then send our our best keeper to a rival team on loan. Where's the logic?

Back
Top Bottom