General Ivo Pekalski

Do you and your gang accept top 6 budget minimum then. I don’t like Jeremy Corbyn but I call him by his name just like I call Darryl Eales by his name . Grow up name calling is for children in the playground.

Others get to use alternatives, you don’t like it,
Tough. Grow a pair, concern yourself with things that matter, such as winning on Saturday.
“You and your gang,” and you call me childish.?
Don’t you just love the ignore button.

Tough. Grow a pair, concern yourself with things that matter, such as winning on Saturday.
I have a pair fella. When does the summer term start. I am concerned about winning on Saturday although very sadly I think there are a few who would rather not. Anyway you didn’t answer my question from earlier do you now accept Pep wasted a top 6 or better budget.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Van Kessel definitely PEP player. He said in an interview after Van Kessel signed that he was on a shortlist at Leeds and PEP wanted to sign him there.

Brannagan has been a player we were interested in for a while believe we went in for him before mapp left

As for Buckley Ricketts and Smith Brown i think they came through Faz and his connections at City.
If you think our fans are pissed off with some of the signings, imagine the Leeds fans if they had signed Van Kessel.

When slippery has spoken over the last 18 months, some of it was questionable; regarding the budget, it’s gone from top 6, to a bigger budget, to now a top 4 budget. Take your pick.

But if everyone were to use the ignore button the imbeciles would run amock.

I'm pretty sure a few of our signings were on Appletons shortlist and then obviously some weren't.

Appletons list -

Williamson - experienced CB. Fits the mould of a JW sort of player
Mousinho - won promotions with Burton, experienced and looked a good signing. Appleton like.
Dickie - Young English talent.
Smith Brown? - Young Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Todd Kane?- young Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Brannagan - Was after him when App was in charge but Liverpool wanted £1m
Gino Van Kessel - DE and MA spoke about how they're looking abroad for players. Doubt this was actually a Pep signing.
Buckley Ricketts? -Y oung Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Obika - Signs 5 days after Pep was announced as Manager so was in the works before Pep even joined.
James Henry - Experienced English player

Now I'm not saying Appleton would have signed these players himself, but they were most likely on the list of names he was looking at which DF and CA put forward to Pep or DE.

Clotets list -

Ricardinho - Former Pep player
Tiendalli - Former Pep player
Pekalski - Former Pep player
Mowatt - Former Pep player
Mehmetti - Former Pep player

Once signed, Pep said Ricardinho had already been flagged by our scouting.

I'm pretty sure a few of our signings were on Appletons shortlist and then obviously some weren't.

Appletons list -

Williamson - experienced CB. Fits the mould of a JW sort of player
Mousinho - won promotions with Burton, experienced and looked a good signing. Appleton like.
Dickie - Young English talent.
Smith Brown? - Young Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Todd Kane?- young Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Brannagan - Was after him when App was in charge but Liverpool wanted £1m
Gino Van Kessel - DE and MA spoke about how they're looking abroad for players. Doubt this was actually a Pep signing.
Buckley Ricketts? -Y oung Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Obika - Signs 5 days after Pep was announced as Manager so was in the works before Pep even joined.
James Henry - Experienced English player

Now I'm not saying Appleton would have signed these players himself, but they were most likely on the list of names he was looking at which DF and CA put forward to Pep or DE.

Clotets list -

Ricardinho - Former Pep player
Tiendalli - Former Pep player
Pekalski - Former Pep player
Mowatt - Former Pep player
Mehmetti - Former Pep player

Appleton got the scouting team to put together a data base of players, in all positions. He then tried to sign the player rated no1, if not possible then move to no2. So while he may have been flagged up, I think pep was probably reading the list upside down

I have a pair fella. When does the summer term start. I am concerned about winning on Saturday although very sadly I think there are a few who would rather not. Anyway you didn’t answer my question from earlier do you now accept Pep wasted a top 6 or better budget.[/QUOTE

Sort it out like adults, guys. Fight at break with Malc as ref and we can all watch.

Childish and Disrespectful to our previous Chairman. Bit unnecessary IMO.

A 33 year old playing in Azerbaijan who coincidentally had played under Clotet at Malmo? He might have said that (I can't remember) - if he did then I suspect he was being economical with the truth! Probably the best of Clotet's oddball signings, although that's not saying much. :(

There was a clip from Tiger on Radio Oxford this morning saying that he expects us to sign more young British players like Dickie and Brannagan once we're confirmed in League 1 for next season.

A 33 year old playing in Azerbaijan who coincidentally had played under Clotet at Malmo? He might have said that (I can't remember) - if he did then I suspect he was being economical with the truth! Probably the best of Clotet's oddball signings, although that's not saying much. :(

I suppose it's time to reveal that Appleton and Eels' revised recruitment strategy after March 2017 was to snap up players who had worked with Pep. That made it a no-brainer to sign Pep up when Appleton ran away and we have a backlog of crocked has-been in the pipeline.

I reckon (some may say it's obvious)..you're not OUFC, I ask admin to investigate .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom