General Ivo Pekalski

That's is true. Players were identified by Appleton before he left. Pep worked from the same list

That's is true. Players were identified by Appleton before he left. Pep worked from the same list

Bullshit. Darryl said a lot were identified by mapp like mous, Henry, obika. But there is no way mapp would have signed aging crocks like tiendalli, and pep’s family friends like xemi

Bullshit. Darryl said a lot were identified by mapp like mous, Henry, obika. But there is no way mapp would have signed aging crocks like tiendalli, and pep’s family friends like xemi

borntobeyellow, like Dave says, some were earmarked by MApp, but not all were on MApp’s radar.

Like I said before, Darryl is to blame for most of this mess, but Pep needs to shoulder some of it.

borntobeyellow, like Dave says, some were earmarked by MApp, but not all were on MApp’s radar.

Like I said before, Darryl is to blame for most of this mess, but Pep needs to shoulder some of it.
Eh? Pep signed all those players. DE didn't. If Pep had signed 4-5 decent L1 standard players and 1-2 from abroad, none of us would have complained. Trouble is, he blew the budget on unproven (at L1) players, most of whom turned out to be dreadful

• React
Reactions: Ian
"aging" has an"e" in it. Otherwise it sounds like "agging".

Easy to say those things when the previous manager is not going to speak out against it. Those connected know the score though.

I'm not connected but I know the score. Plenty in fact. Here are some scores that I know:

Oxford 1 - 2 Northampton
Bury 3 - 0 Oxford
Blackpool 3 - 1 Oxford
Port Vale 2 - 0 Oxford
Oxford 2 - 4 Blackburn
Oxford 0 - 7 Wigan
Oxford 1 - 2 Bury

When slippery has spoken over the last 18 months, some of it was questionable; regarding the budget, it’s gone from top 6, to a bigger budget, to now a top 4 budget. Take your pick.
Do you and your gang accept top 6 budget minimum then. I don’t like Jeremy Corbyn but I call him by his name just like I call Darryl Eales by his name . Grow up name calling is for children in the playground.

Last edited:
Not that’s it’s the most accurate barometer, but spend by League One clubs on agents have been released today. Oxford were ranked 7th. This suggests to me that money was certainly there to be spent. We just didn’t spend it well.

When slippery has spoken over the last 18 months, some of it was questionable; regarding the budget, it’s gone from top 6, to a bigger budget, to now a top 4 budget. Take your pick.
Do you and your gang accept top 6 budget minimum then. I don’t like Jeremy Corbin but I call him by his name just like I call Darryl Eales by his name . Grow up name calling is for children in the playground.

Well technically u don’t, as that’s not his name [emoji6]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure a few of our signings were on Appletons shortlist and then obviously some weren't.

Appletons list -

Williamson - experienced CB. Fits the mould of a JW sort of player
Mousinho - won promotions with Burton, experienced and looked a good signing. Appleton like.
Dickie - Young English talent.
Smith Brown? - Young Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Todd Kane?- young Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Brannagan - Was after him when App was in charge but Liverpool wanted £1m
Gino Van Kessel - DE and MA spoke about how they're looking abroad for players. Doubt this was actually a Pep signing.
Buckley Ricketts? -Y oung Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Obika - Signs 5 days after Pep was announced as Manager so was in the works before Pep even joined.
James Henry - Experienced English player

Now I'm not saying Appleton would have signed these players himself, but they were most likely on the list of names he was looking at which DF and CA put forward to Pep or DE.

Clotets list -

Ricardinho - Former Pep player
Tiendalli - Former Pep player
Pekalski - Former Pep player
Mowatt - Former Pep player
Mehmetti - Former Pep player

• React
Reactions: Ian
I'm pretty sure a few of our signings were on Appletons shortlist and then obviously some weren't.

Appletons list -

Williamson - experienced CB. Fits the mould of a JW sort of player
Mousinho - won promotions with Burton, experienced and looked a good signing. Appleton like.
Dickie - Young English talent.
Smith Brown? - Young Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Todd Kane?- young Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Brannagan - Was after him when App was in charge but Liverpool wanted £1m
Gino Van Kessel - DE and MA spoke about how they're looking abroad for players. Doubt this was actually a Pep signing.
Buckley Ricketts? -Y oung Premier league kid on loan. Appleton used a few in all his seasons in charge. Obviously happened way after he left but could be one of the names thrown about when he was here.
Obika - Signs 5 days after Pep was announced as Manager so was in the works before Pep even joined.
James Henry - Experienced English player

Now I'm not saying Appleton would have signed these players himself, but they were most likely on the list of names he was looking at which DF and CA put forward to Pep or DE.

Clotets list -

Ricardinho - Former Pep player
Tiendalli - Former Pep player
Pekalski - Former Pep player
Mowatt - Former Pep player
Mehmetti - Former Pep player
Van Kessel definitely PEP player. He said in an interview after Van Kessel signed that he was on a shortlist at Leeds and PEP wanted to sign him there.

Brannagan has been a player we were interested in for a while believe we went in for him before mapp left

As for Buckley Ricketts and Smith Brown i think they came through Faz and his connections at City.

Back
Top Bottom