Gavin Whyte

We have been through much, much worse . If ever a time was to pull together and support our club than now is . The squealing like little girls, what on earth does it acheive.
Yes its not great but we are Oxford , suppirt who is pulling on a yellow shirt .

I don't think anyone here has said anything about giving up on what players we have left. Yes, we've been through worse, but we shouldn't have to get to that stage to speak up to try and prevent us being in such dire straights, because we know what could happen.

Sure, but if you look at some of the deals we've done in recent years, we have a knack for getting young players in from a variety of sources and selling them on. While the club has some transfer deficiencies, we don't have an issue identifying young talent.

Nico Jones is a prime example of some of the more subtle deals we've done that could be a biggie. Whyte was a far more polished player when he arrived, I suppose.
Good shout! Based on that, Nico is next to go then over the next few weeks!!

We’ve gone from in the last 4 years from being being a club on the up & recruiting good young talent to next to no signings & selling what good players we have?? Alarm bells or what?
Wake up, we are millions in debt , dont own our 3 sided dump, yet for whatever reason expect us to be challenging for the top spots as if its our right.

If the club sign young players on the proviso of we'll play you and not stand in your way when you may want to leave, this happens. The lad will understandably want to play at as high a level as soon as possible and if the club wants to continue the philosophy and get the next Whyte in, transfers like this will be the norm rather than the exception.

I don't want Whyte to leave but such is life. I think some fans are being naive thinking we can stop this or that there is some wider conspiracy. This is the reality of football nowadays. Agents and players are always on the look out for the next move, just some are more aggressive about it than others.
I’m sure that any sensible fan understands that we can’t stand in the way of players. The owners and coaching staff’s job is to ensure that we are prepared for that eventuality and gain the going rate for OUR players. Only when those things have been secured should they go . They are failing in that and badly so.

We’ve gone from in the last 4 years from being being a club on the up & recruiting good young talent to next to no signings & selling what good players we have?? Alarm bells or what?
Ffs, we are millions in debt , dont own our ground , if we were in the conference then yes but we are a decent level

I don't think anyone here has said anything about giving up on what players we have left. Yes, we've been through worse, but we shouldn't have to get to that stage to speak up to try and prevent us being in such dire straights, because we know what could happen.
What do you expect then ? Run away with the league ?

I think it’s the fee and timing added to the worrying lack of incoming transfers that is more of a problem.

With a sell on fee from Crusaders added in to the mix we are looking at £1.5 million, in the modern game that’s not a huge amount for a promising young player.

We are now weaker than we were at the end of the season with a week to go till the new one starts, I think it’s legitimate to be worried now.
Remember, we have no idea what the fee is or what we asked

Sure, but if you look at some of the deals we've done in recent years, we have a knack for getting young players in from a variety of sources and selling them on. While the club has some transfer deficiencies, we don't have an issue identifying young talent.

Nico Jones is a prime example of some of the more subtle deals we've done that could be a biggie. Whyte was a far more polished player when he arrived, I suppose.

That’s fair enough, but we have to be a bit more than just a feeder club, I get that we need the income to balance the books but we need to get a bit more control over the timings of incomings and outgoings to push the club on in the league, that is after all the whole point of its existence.

I know no manager is control of a club but this shows that we can't take anything KR says seriously. £4 million. This shows tiger is in control of footballing matters.

I suspect we will pass any income to Darryl Eales so this won't increase our bargaining power this window.

I am seriously worried about the size of our squad and despite the positive bus being driven by some on here, my personal feeling is we're going to struggle for at least the first half of the season with a small, inexperienced squad.

I really hope I'm wrong
This is the problem though. Tiger and the board hide away and let Robinson be their mouthpiece and then completely undermine him and make him look like an idiot. I’m not sure he’ll hang around a lot longer.

And while we’re at it, when was the last time anyone heard from Niall bloody McWilliams?!

Noted!! BUT if there was any ambition on the ownership side (we’ve heard the vision) then how is this right other than Tiger making a quick buck!!
We signed Whyte for what ,? 100,000..a year later 2 million offered . We are massively in debt

What do you expect then ? Run away with the league ?

Of course not. But I'd like to see us signing players for the departures we're still yet to replace. I'd like to see more backroom staff come in to support the manager. I'd like to see the Managing Director come out of hiding. I'd like the board to take action on the many issues surrounding the club. I'm not asking for utopia, I'm just asking for a well-run football club.

Wake up, we are millions in debt , dont own our 3 sided dump, yet for whatever reason expect us to be challenging for the top spots as if its our right.
Don’t think anyone thinks it’s our right to the top spots but when your Chairman and board and to some extent say that's our aim and we can’t see what they have done to show that’s what we are aiming for. Then people will treat them with utter contempt.

This is the problem though. Tiger and the board hide away and let Robinson be their mouthpiece and then completely undermine him and make him look like an idiot. I’m not sure he’ll hang around a lot longer.

And while we’re at it, when was the last time anyone heard from Niall bloody McWilliams?!

I forgot he was still about, I assume he has nothing to do with the football side of things and is just involved with admin etc.

Of course not. But I'd like to see us signing players for the departures we're still yet to replace. I'd like to see more backroom staff come in to support the manager. I'd like to see the Managing Director come out of hiding. I'd like the board to take action on the many issues surrounding the club. I'm not asking for utopia, I'm just asking for a well-run football club.
We all would, Eales sold us to the wrong buyer . We are well in debt.stadium is crap. But we are Oxford , by whinging nothing will happen .lets get the younger players through as we always have done

Niall who?

In all seriousness though I wouldn't think badly of KR if he walked but I don't understand why he's still loyal.

Has he been sold a dream, been made a promise, loves the U's or just can't find anything else?

I suspect he doesn't enjoy things as they are but believes there's something better round the corner and that's why he's staying. Can't see why else he'd be undermined like this.

Don’t think anyone thinks it’s our right to the top spots but when your Chairman and board and to some extent say that's our aim and we can’t see what they have done to show that’s what we are aiming for. Then people will treat them with utter contempt.
Yes , contempt for the board, support the club

Back
Top Bottom