Gavin Whyte

Maybe we all need to calm down, this is only rumours atm, besides he’s still under contract - nothing officially or am I missing something?
Posted earlier that BBC reporting he is discussing personal terms with Cardiff

Well tomorrow is going to be very interesting at Solihull. Eales, the man that partly got us into this mess, as the hosting chairman, and kr a manager who is either on the brink of a nervous breakdown through lack of support, or is part of the problem of the lack of recruitment.
Placards and banners at the ready!!:unsure:

It’s true, we don’t own the dump.
No money coming in,
We are up the creek without a paddle
But don’t lead us on
We would all rather know than be lead up the garden path
We did have a 12th man fund one time for players
We are totally doomed

So if we stay quiet everything will be ok? Better send OxVox an email to tell them the good news.
I think that I have lost a huge amount of respect for Oxvox. I totally admire the time and energy two put into the supporters trust but really worry about the communication and leadership.

After the years in the conference (and the few before that), having got back into the league and up a division, I for one don't expect us to be challenging for the top of L1 anytime soon. We don't have the money, are hamstrung by the landlord (and the deal signed by past OUFC officials that lets him do it) and don't have the crowds.
What I do expect as a supporter is that whoever buys the club runs it in as responsible and competent a way as they can for as long as they can before (as they always do!) getting bored/broke/divorced and selling it on to someone else who has a go. I want a team that is at least competitive - at the moment (for all the 'Mackie will be fine up front on his own','Gavin can play up front', 'Mous is suddenly better at CB than he was last season' posts) we don't have a competitive first team nor a deep enough squad to cope with any sort of injury, fatigue, loss of form or suspension, and quite possibly if we don't have any of those as well! Like everyone else (whether starry-eyed positive or downright miserable) I REALLY hope that changes a hell of a lot over the next four weeks (preferably in the next 8 days!) - but it's getting hard to believe it will when we seem to be getting rid of the better players, retaining those the manager had already written off and not getting anyone in.
Oh and while we are on about what we expect, I expect a chairman who is as straight with the supporters as he/she can be.
This is it in a nutshell.
If Gavin goes, we need to see some of the proceeds re-invested before the window closes.
Anything else will be a statement in itself.

I watched quite a lot of games last season and, in many of them, Whyte was our best and most influential player - at times he was our only outlet. His pace worried teams and he’d just run at them, causing chaos. 16 goals he was directly involved in wasn’t it? That’s what’s really worrying me - along with Eastwood and Dickie, he’s one of three players we absolutely cannot afford to lose (Dickie mainly because we have no CBs) and for me, he’s the biggest threat we have.

I don’t think I’ll have been so down about Oxford for a long time if he goes.

If W
This is it in a nutshell.
If Gavin goes, we need to see some of the proceeds re-invested before the window closes.
Anything else will be a statement in itself.
If Whyte goes (which he will) and none/hardly any of the proceeds are invested in new players (which they won’t be), then surely any doubt that Tiger is only here for the property disappears? I was 90% certain from day one that he was interested only in the land deal. I now have no doubt whatsoever. And (and I never thought I would write this) I actually feel sorry for Robinson. He’s been reduced to having to act like the manager of a pub team. No wonder the bloke struggles get anyone to sign for us. The sooner Tiger announces his ‘plans’ and gets on with it, the better IMO. As least we’ll all know where we stand. This endless bluster- and the near constant drip drip of bs- is just embarrassing.

I’m sure that any sensible fan understands that we can’t stand in the way of players. The owners and coaching staff’s job is to ensure that we are prepared for that eventuality and gain the going rate for OUR players. Only when those things have been secured should they go . They are failing in that and badly so.

Most fans understand the model.

However, the recruitment process is well documented as inefficient due to lack of infra above KR.

Not sure the sales process can be slammed as we don't know for a fact the exact price. Ultimately, the market forces all contribute: seller, buyer, player (i.e. agent).

But the PR & communications! Ever since the clown's fateful first presser... Recently proudly announcing the Billionaire's Boy Club board meeting at the end of last season, talking of building a team for the Championship, Whyte not for sale unless it's mega-bucks, boasting of season ticket sales... And then this!

Many gave the bow-tie the benefit of the doubt for lack of comms (cultural, language issues). Actions will speak louder words they say. Well here we are.

It's football, we'll go again as somebody used to say. But clearly a mismatch between expectations and reality caused by the club inept administration leading to fan frustration.

Those that keep playing the Debt card, if any player leaving was due to this why would you sell under true value rather than hold out for a proper fee that could wipe the debt in an instance?
i said 2 or 3 seasons back that we were taking a massive gamble with our model as sooner or later the conveyor belt grinds to a halt,Appleton himself warned that others were then fishing in the same water..We are witnessing how hard it is to get deals done now that Agents and players have all the power and yet just days before the season starts and sat with a paper thin squad we are to rejoice that our best player is going for peanuts and knowing how difficult it has already been building a squad we've been told that money has already been made available and decent bids made.it's all right though we can let him or any others go because we are so nice having told them we wont stand in their way fuc* trying to progress as a "Team"

so am i now to believe just a few days before the seasons starts and after wup's left right and centre that our Owner/s suddenly only now started to consider the finances yeah right, Gavin Whyte leaving for "peanuts" is all about balancing the books how silly of me not to realize this.

If true (and it's not yet guaranteed) then mid table is the best we can hope for this season. Maybe even a flirtation with relegation again. You cannot sell your best players and hope to succeed. Belief is slowly draining away...…….again!

If true (and it's not yet guaranteed) then mid table is the best we can hope for this season. Maybe even a flirtation with relegation again. You cannot sell your best players and hope to succeed. Belief is slowly draining away...…….again!
Very true if he’s sold and with the current players in the door we are in the brown stuff. Time for the board of so called billionaires to tell the truth or do one and sell the club to someone who wants it like Eales should of done

I'm sure a lot of s**t will continue to be fired my way after I dismissed ideas of a deal on Tuesday. So here's everything as I understand it. On Tuesday rumours started circulating early evening that Cardiff had made a bid. Robinson said he hadn't heard anything and would have expected Warnock to have spoken to him directly. Around the same time I spoke with Gavin who also stated that he'd heard nothing, hadn't spoken to any other clubs and wasn't expecting to move. There's no reason to disbelieve either accounts at that time. HOWEVER, a formal offer did come in on Wednesday and Whyte was allowed to talk as the general understanding is that the club won't stand in the way of a move if initial valuations are met. I do not know the fee but I am lead to believe that it is above £2m. Whyte has been offered a very good deal, one that goes way beyond our pay structure and it is assumed that the deal will go through on Monday.

In addition, the situation with Browne was one where we had met West Hams valuation and offered a deal at the very top of our pay structure with a big signing on fee. Browne was very happy and was expected to sign by today. HOWEVER, Middlesborough have come in and offered an extra year to us, some bonus deals based on promotion etc and the chance to play in the Championship.

So at the time I commented on both, I fully believed the information to be accurate and had high hopes of keeping Whyte and adding Browne, with both expected to play tomorrow. That situation has changed and I'll hold my hands up to being wrong.

If people want to have a dig at me for that then crack on. But I'd rather hope for the best and be disappointed than predict the worst and jump around in triumph when things don't work out.

Head/sand

I've explained the way that I came to the conclusions that I did and don't need to justify this any further to you or anyone else. I never claimed to be best buddies with anyone, but I do know some people associated with the club and get a better understanding than others. But that doesn't mean I get everything right and clearly haven't on these two deals.

I'm not played by anyone. I spoke with Gavin as he was sat in the dug out prior to the game on Tuesday. I saw Marcus Browne arrive and was told by a member of staff that he had been in the dressing room and was sat in the box. I spoke with someone at the club after the game and was led to believe that a deal was done. All of this was accurate at the time. The situation changed and I only spoke with someone this evening to get a view on why things had changed. I have no reason to doubt any of this information, or question whether I'm being strung a line in the interest of the club.

The club will announce their own side of the story and it may or may not tally up with what I've posted.

So you still believe that Gavin and Karl knew nothing about a bid from Cardiff on Tuesday?

Most fans understand the model.

However, the recruitment process is well documented as inefficient due to lack of infra above KR.

Not sure the sales process can be slammed as we don't know for a fact the exact price. Ultimately, the market forces all contribute: seller, buyer, player (i.e. agent).

But the PR & communications! Ever since the clown's fateful first presser... Recently proudly announcing the Billionaire's Boy Club board meeting at the end of last season, talking of building a team for the Championship, Whyte not for sale unless it's mega-bucks, boasting of season ticket sales... And then this!

Many gave the bow-tie the benefit of the doubt for lack of comms (cultural, language issues). Actions will speak louder words they say. Well here we are.

It's football, we'll go again as somebody used to say. But clearly a mismatch between expectations and reality caused by the club inept administration leading to fan frustration.
Tiger needs to get a proper CEO in to run the club, nice man he might be NM is no where to be seen, he's probably walking around farmers fields trying to find an area of new ground for the owners.

KR looked an absolute mess in that interview. Not quite a broken man but I would guess that the writing is in the wall. He's failed to recruit and now the board have sanctioned the sale of his star talent.
I'm amazed that Chris Williams thought it a good idea to even broadcast that video unless, he wanted us to see that pause when he asked the killer question? If you haven't done so, watch it now and look for the tell tale signs. Eye contact, body language, his general unkempt appearance, there is a man on the edge.

He looked a broken man, Bow tie has a lot to answer for, starts from the very top!

Back
Top Bottom