Gavin Whyte

Most fans understand the model.

However, the recruitment process is well documented as inefficient due to lack of infra above KR.

Not sure the sales process can be slammed as we don't know for a fact the exact price. Ultimately, the market forces all contribute: seller, buyer, player (i.e. agent).

But the PR & communications! Ever since the clown's fateful first presser... Recently proudly announcing the Billionaire's Boy Club board meeting at the end of last season, talking of building a team for the Championship, Whyte not for sale unless it's mega-bucks, boasting of season ticket sales... And then this!

Many gave the bow-tie the benefit of the doubt for lack of comms (cultural, language issues). Actions will speak louder words they say. Well here we are.

It's football, we'll go again as somebody used to say. But clearly a mismatch between expectations and reality caused by the club inept administration leading to fan frustration.

I wasn’t the only one to raise an eyebrow in March of this year when Robinson was having to front up (on match day!) answering questions about off field late payments.

Clearly something very wrong at the club in regard to behind the scenes structure and responsibilities, or lack of them.

Was there an official offer from Foreast about 3 weeks back.

They were told 4 million but I wonder if they offered more than two?

The only reason we would take 2 million after making a statement saying Whyte is worth 4 is

1 Player exchange

2 Loaned back

3 We are fu***d financially

Should Robinson walk now? He seems an honourable man to me and he did walk from Charlton because of the Chairman there. Unfortunately from the frying pan into the fire

The only reason we would take 2 million after making a statement saying Whyte is worth 4 is

1 Player exchange

2 Loaned back

Should Robinson walk now? He seems an honourable man to me and he did walk from Charlton because of the Chairman there. Unfortunately from the frying pan into the fire

Possibly all 3

1 Player exchange

2 Loaned back

Omar Bogle..... striker at Cardiff, could that be part of the swap deal?

And just to think @ECYellow and @My Manor have said that Eastwood is leaving if true were fucked and how long before 4/5 of our players hand in transfer requests?

Whilst that one was very much in the offing at the start of the summer, I’m now confident Easty will stay with us. The club that enquired, and where talks were held with Eastwood have since signed another GK.

‘Course we’re all going to look like a right bunch of chumps if there’s no truth to this story ?

However..

If there is, on the day the club is patting itself on the back for passing 4000 ST sales, they can shove it right up their arses

Truth? The deal is done.

^^^ ECYellow seems to be as ITK as it gets on here. So some positivity to be had re. Easty at least. Small crumbs of comfort (for now)...

Truth? The deal is done.
One thing still rankles, how was it possible for KR to be saying he knew of no contact from Cardiff? Given that he is acquainted with Neil Warnock and stated that he would have expected a call from his acquaintance if there were to be an enquiry.
Surely that call would have been made given the importance of Gavin Whyte to his plans?

Happy to - nothing cryptic about it. Don’t go stomping around giving it the big I am on the ITK front if you’re going to get most of it wrong. It makes you look like an enormous plank who is being played like a fiddle.
Let me reword that for you.

“Thicko? You’re not a thicko OxfordYankee., but for the others....”

Karl and the board have known about Cardiff for a while. Why else would Whyte played no part in any of our warm up games?
If he plays today, I would be extremely surprised.
In fact, we will learn more today about where we are headed in Karl’s team selection.
Looks like we are going to need some unsung heros to step up to the plate. Youth , Mousinho !

Karl and the board have known about Cardiff for a while. Why else would Whyte played no part in any of our warm up games?
If he plays today, I would be extremely surprised.
In fact, we will learn more today about where we are headed in Karl’s team selection.
If Whyte is sold and we go into Sunderland with John Mousinho at centre back, Jamie Mackie up front (after missing virtually all of pre season), and Malachi Napa on the wing... even the largest of pessimists wouldn’t have been able to see that one coming.

As for Cardiff, looking more and more likely that KR was just plain lying about not knowing anything the other night. Football managers lie about things in the press, that’s just what they all do.

We’ve gone from in the last 4 years from being being a club on the up & recruiting good young talent to next to no signings & selling what good players we have?? Alarm bells or what?

Under Pep we weren't a club on the up.

If Whyte is sold and we go into Sunderland with John Mousinho at centre back, Jamie Mackie up front (after missing virtually all of pre season), and Malachi Napa on the wing... even the largest of pessimists wouldn’t have been able to see that one coming.

As for Cardiff, looking more and more likely that KR was just plain lying about not knowing anything the other night. Football managers lie about things in the press, that’s just what they all do.
This was the report filed on 24th July by Oxford Mail:

Clearly, somebody was telling porky pies!

Back
Top Bottom