Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.26 - Charlton at home

A good result and fair entertainment - it's what we paid for and expect, let's hope this was not an exception but a sign of more to come.
I still don't buy this line of waiting for players to come back and then everything will be alright but, it was good to see some promise from Murphy and Wildschut. We won't get many opponents who perform as badly as Charlton (or better said, allow us to perform) so, I suppose it's best to enjoy each moment as it comes.

A good result and fair entertainment - it's what we paid for and expect, let's hope this was not an exception but a sign of more to come.
I still don't buy this line of waiting for players to come back and then everything will be alright but, it was good to see some promise from Murphy and Wildschut. We won't get many opponents who perform as badly as Charlton (or better said, allow us to perform) so, I suppose it's best to enjoy each moment as it comes.
Must be difficult for you to have to give some credit, albeit small. Goodness knows what will happen tomorrow if we manage to win again!

Must be difficult for you to have to give some credit, albeit small. Goodness knows what will happen tomorrow if we manage to win again!
Why would it be difficult?

Should I be jumping up and down with excitement because the team has won a game and at the same time, ignore the 8 losses, the 8 draws, those abject performances, the failed transfer window?

I will be delighted if we win tomorrow. I will be very happy if we score a hatful of goals, I shall be more than content if we keep a clean sheet.

The trouble with social media is that so many think they can propagate whatever agenda, opinion or interpretation they have an inclination toward without any solid evidence to back up what they write. You don't know me and yet you have determined that you are in a position to make pronouncements as to my state of mind.
Shame on you.

A good result and fair entertainment - , it was good to see some promise from Murphy and Wildschut.
Neutrals with me suggested that it was very good entertainment.
Disagree with your comments on Murphy and Wildschut.
I thought that Murphy showed what an excellent player he is when fit (could be a stand out player in L1)
Wildschut looked to me to be very short of match practice ( but is likely to be very good when fit)

I thought that Murphy showed what an excellent player he is when fit (could be a stand out player in L1)
Wildschut looked to me to be very short of match practice ( but is likely to be very good when fit)
Wildschut surprises me in that I fully expected him to be a lot fitter and quicker. That said, he does have something about him that makes me anticipate more in the near future.
Fingers crossed that Murphy can get fully fit, this micro tear in his hamstring must be a worry.

Why would it be difficult?

Should I be jumping up and down with excitement because the team has won a game and at the same time, ignore the 8 losses, the 8 draws, those abject performances, the failed transfer window?

I will be delighted if we win tomorrow. I will be very happy if we score a hatful of goals, I shall be more than content if we keep a clean sheet.

The trouble with social media is that so many think they can propagate whatever agenda, opinion or interpretation they have an inclination toward without any solid evidence to back up what they write. You don't know me and yet you have determined that you are in a position to make pronouncements as to my state of mind.
Shame on you.
Admittedly I don't know you, but I have followed your posts for some time now and my comment was given based on the contents of those. Sorry if I have got it wrong and have offended you.
Let's hope your jumping up and down with excitement after tomorrow's game!

Interesting, but a neutral will always have a different take on a game than that which a die-hard supporter will.
Good entertainment and weaknesses, whether obvious or not, are not mutually exclusive.

On the McGinty save at 2-1. From looking at the highlights (as not easy to see that detail from the East Stand) it hits McGinty on the right thigh and passes to his right to go wide. He was out quickly as well which was good.

The other telling factor that he saved it was no Oxford player or McGinty disputed that is was a corner. Moore was clearly intent on talking to other Oxford players.

On the McGinty save at 2-1. From looking at the highlights (as not easy to see that detail from the East Stand) it hits McGinty on the right thigh and passes to his right to go wide. He was out quickly as well which was good.

The other telling factor that he saved it was no Oxford player or McGinty disputed that is was a corner. Moore was clearly intent on talking to other Oxford players.

McGinty would have been gutted if it had been given as a goal kick, I’m sure.

Back
Top Bottom