Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.13 - Charlton away

If the coach stopped on Anchor & Hope Lane you could have gone to the Anchor & Hope pub for a couple, 5 minute walk from the road junction/roundabout. Decent pub overlooking the river.

If the coach stopped on Anchor & Hope Lane you could have gone to the Anchor & Hope pub for a couple, 5 minute walk from the road junction/roundabout. Decent pub overlooking the river.
Just looked at Google Maps. We were only a couple of hundred yards away when we were dropped off. Should have been smarter.

Also not sure which preference shares you refer to ?
There have been preference shares in OUFC for years.
The idea is that these shareholders get for instance 5% dividends out of profits and then what’s left of profits is available to ordinary shareholders.
Which all needs distributable profits. Not losses.

Or do you mean the difference between paid up capital and issued capital in the Singapore holding company?

Also not sure which preference shares you refer to ?
There have been preference shares in OUFC for years.
The idea is that these shareholders get for instance 5% dividends out of profits and then what’s left of profits is available to ordinary shareholders.
Which all needs distributable profits. Not losses.

Or do you mean the difference between paid up capital and issued capital in the Singapore holding company?
At a glance I thought there had been some new OUFC preference shares issued not long ago. I'll take another look when I get a few minutes.

The shares allotted by OUFC in June 2022 were 1500,000 ordinary shares. I assume to the parent company OIH PTE, and also assume to pass some sort of financial fair play or whatever the rule is in league 1 that allows losses to be funded by capital.
The Statement of Capital has 1015,000 preference shares, which have been in issue since July 2015, having been first acquired by WPL from Kassam, then more issued to WPL, then transferred to Ensco, who acquired more, and then transferred to OIH PTE. (with 3,000 owned by "Newport and Robinson Ltd", which company doesn't seem to even exist)

[edit: trying to google Newport, Robinson, and Oxford - only picks up the two clubs and the manager. I guess it might be an old firm of solicitors?]

Last edited:
The shares allotted by OUFC in June 2022 were 1500,000 ordinary shares. I assume to the parent company OIH PTE, and also assume to pass some sort of financial fair play or whatever the rule is in league 1 that allows losses to be funded by capital.
The Statement of Capital has 1015,000 preference shares, which have been in issue since July 2015, having been first acquired by WPL from Kassam, then more issued to WPL, then transferred to Ensco, who acquired more, and then transferred to OIH PTE. (with 3,000 owned by "Newport and Robinson Ltd", which company doesn't seem to even exist)

[edit: trying to google Newport, Robinson, and Oxford - only picks up the two clubs and the manager. I guess it might be an old firm of solicitors?]
Newport and Robinson Ltd. Founded in 1965. BECKET HOUSE, 1 LAMBETH PALACE ROAD, LONDON. Director Ian Maxwell. Guess the founder was Ian's Dad.
Edit - You got there first Steve. Actually now I come to think of it I had looked this up in the past.

Newport and Robinson Ltd. Founded in 1965. BECKET HOUSE, 1 LAMBETH PALACE ROAD, LONDON. Director Ian Maxwell. Guess the founder was Ian's Dad.
Edit - You got there first Steve. Actually now I come to think of it I had looked this up in the past.

Several familiar surnames, Oxvox as well in the last confirmation statement of shareholders.

Though their shareholdings have been diluted down to under 1%.

What I don’t know why was a few years back a handful of shares moved each year from the “others” to the main shareholder. Why some but not all ?

Back
Top Bottom