Other European European Super League one step closer?

We need to get on this making your own European league B*****s early as it looks to be the way it’s going, as what you have achieved doesn’t seem to matter (hello Spurs) I see no reason ourselves, Fleetwood, Burton, Stevenage, Arbroath, St Mirren, Cefyn Druids and a load of obscure lower league teams from across the continent cant form a European mediocre league, Netflix will buy any old shite so we will have a tv deal lined up in no time.

There's a bit of scrambling back from the (financially) big clubs involved. They are now saying promotion and relegation would be allowed.

So if a team gets relegated (e.g. Spurs or Arsenal) would they have to pay back their bungs?
And where would they get relegated to? Back to the domestic league which they have left? If so, what happens to promotion from the Championship, is there one less place, then apply this to L1, L2 etc.

So in all seriousness what are the premier league actually going to do with these so called big six teams they won’t deduct points because the teams would just appeal they won’t kick them out of the league again the team would appeal so realistically they can just get away with it I would be quite happy for the premier league to go bust and disappear but again not going to happen

We need to get on this making your own European league B*****s early as it looks to be the way it’s going, as what you have achieved doesn’t seem to matter (hello Spurs) I see no reason ourselves, Fleetwood, Burton, Stevenage, Arbroath, St Mirren, Cefyn Druids and a load of obscure lower league teams from across the continent cant form a European mediocre league, Netflix will buy any old shite so we will have a tv deal lined up in no time.

Football really needs to shun these greedy clubs.
Competition is what drives football.
Where is the competition when the same clubs are just playing each other all the time?
Is it a spectator sport at all when the same franchised clubs meet for the umpteenth time?
They need to give their collective heads a wobble because this idea is a dead duck before it has even started.
No fan is going to stomach endless meaningless games for very long.
They are in very real danger of killing football as we know it and they have to be stopped at all costs.

For me its about Oxford (and Negeri Sembilan). Nothing else matters, whether its EPL or UCL or European Super League.

As long as there is an Oxford United, thats all that matters

Don’t you think this impacts the existence of OUFC. We also need other clubs to play against. Even Sw*ndon.

Don’t you think this impacts the existence of OUFC. We also need other clubs to play against. Even Sw*ndon.
I feel it wont have a significant impact. There are more important things as well at the moment, like managing Covid so we can at least get back to stadia.

Where is the competition when the same clubs are just playing each other all the time?
Is it a spectator sport at all when the same franchised clubs meet for the umpteenth time?
They need to give their collective heads a wobble because this idea is a dead duck before it has even started.
They are in very real danger of killing football as we know it and they have to be stopped at all costs.
Yes, it looks like a very glitzy and even more boring version of the Scottish PL - without even the excitement of seeing which runners up will 'qualify for Europe'.

I feel it wont have a significant impact. There are more important things as well at the moment, like managing Covid so we can at least get back to stadia.

And the money that comes down from the PL?

And the money that comes down from the PL?

You are not going to be interested in Spurs v Arsenal for 12th place every year.

I wonder how many glory hunters the also rans (or Tottenham as they are now known) will get from struggling every year? I suppose they can fill there grounds with tourists there to watch the opposition every other week, sounds amazing.

Actually feel sorry for genuine Spurs fans, they are having the club stolen from them really.

Juventus share price today

5f2702f8bacab9e6a11cb70e3432d195.jpg

how bad is this European super league going to be in reality with football clubs joining in ? .... just imagine, the likes of Wigan Warriors will be smashing the (big) six splitters to pieces regularly on live TV, wont they? :oops: :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
Best idea yet :)

Back
Top Bottom