Current Player Marcus Browne

A great player on his day and one that gets you off your seat but unfortunately just too injury prone and we need to move on from Browne now.

But the two seasons after that he will barely play.

Definite FOMO kicking in now, a month ago everyone was happy to see the back of Edwards, Browne, Murphy, at the current rate of people changing their minds we will be advocating for Sam Baldock to get a 3 year contract by the end of the season.
I think it would be nice if the aspiration was to build a squad where we have 2 players for each position.

If we're assuming there are 2 wingers and 1 striker on the pitch then the starting point should be 4 wingers and 2 strikers that you expect to be available for the entire season. So that would be Dale and Goodrham for out wide so far, plus 2 more to come in. Then you could throw a Murphy or Edwards on top of that.

Or, we fill one of the wide spots with Harris, but then you definitely need 1 more striker to go with Goodwin.

Basically I want to see at least 6 robust players for the front 3 positions before we start counting on any of Edwards, Murphy or Browne.

A great player on his day and one that gets you off your seat but unfortunately just too injury prone and we need to move on from Browne now.
He gets you off your seat so that he can sit down.

I feel for him as it must be devastating to have a career you've worked so hard for taken away because of injuries, but ultimately he's exactly the sort of player we need to be avoiding in future.

Passing mention on The Dub that Browne’s latest attempt at a return from injury isn’t miles away.

Ordinarily I’d be saying ‘let’s not rush it’. But the thing is we have single digit games left and we need someone else on the bench with a bit of mobility and ability to run with the ball (since for whatever reason Burey isn’t fancied) - even if he can only go for 15-20 minutes as a sub later in games (Josh Murphy’s role at the start of the season). And if he comes back and gets injured again making 15-minute cameos then that really does silence any dilemma around offering him a new deal at the end of the season.

I really do enjoy watching him play when he’s fit though. Even if it’s just for 10-15 minutes for a handful more games I hope we see him contribute…

Back
Top Bottom