Current Player Kyle Edwards

How many 30 minutes of game time have we got out of Browne and Edwards this season? they just haven't been available enough, you can't manage game time when its zero.
I know, but as I said - if you managed them differently/better (i.e. not play Browne every game, like he did at the start of the season) - you might get better availability from them

Football moves on, times change. Happy might be an exaggeration, but I can see a player "accepting" his position on the bench, if the alternative is playing 2 divisions below.

Rugby considers their replacements as "finishers", nothing stopping the club trying something to gain an advantage.

Lol yeah. I bet Arsene didn't put up with any s**t from his players, and probably said similar to anyone who pushed too hard.

It probably doesn't apply to players whose legs will explode if used 90 mins a day, but they should be chomping at the bit and constantly pushing for a place.

I just thought it showed why he was sutch a good manager, back in the day

Is this Edwards in the background of the Easter Sunday chocolate video the club posted?
If so and he is still needing crutches, then I can't see how he would be available before the end of the season.

1711973023553.jpeg

Last edited:
You’d be correct @captainox

confirmed today he’s out for the season, won’t be fit till the summer.

Likely to be signing here on another deal.
That would be about right for us. Make a high risk signing our first one of the summer window to set the tone for the rest to follow. We’d be crazy to do it unless it’s pay as you play only, even then I’d suggest it would be bordering on the stupid category. Let’s just learn from all the recent harsh lessons we have had to endure and pay for!

What injury is it Billy the legend Turley?
Hamstring. I assume hasn't healed as well/as quick as initially expected which in itself would be slightly concerning for next season.
But I guess at least there will be a proper pre-season for it to be tested out

What a waste of money. It could have been better spent elsewhere. Someone that can actually play on the pitch.

We never learn!

I swear he hadn't even resumed training, so how the f**k does he have another injury????

Getting up off the sofa?

I swear he hadn't even resumed training, so how the f**k does he have another injury????

Getting up off the sofa?
It isn't another injury, it remains the same one that they were expecting him to be back from around now.

Signing him until the end of the season was really odd. It was always going to be touch and go whether he was going to be fit enough to play any part at all - and even then he'd have been far from match fit. I have a horrible suspicion we'll sign him for next season - no reflection on his talent in saying that, but a huge Groundhog day feeling!

Back
Top Bottom