Education or Religious Beliefs?

I beg to differ on that point.

If a cartoon being shown to children, in front of a classroom of mixed religions and ethnicity, "offends" their parents to the degree they will remove the child from the school who has the "problem"?

The same religion, at its extremes, is well known for throwing gay people off of tall buildings and are decades behind accepting LGBT people.

It isn't the only religion to go to extremes when dealing with gay people either.

Just what I was wondering. Also need to understand what is meant by 'militant Islam'. If that means devout Muslims who believe in the teachings of one faith, then they have the right to make their views heard, and can be ignored or debated with in a free society. If that means radical Islamists plotting the downfall of a free society they should be resisted at all costs.

To my mind, a 'liberal' is a fair-minded person willing to see all sides of an argument, within the law. If these 'militant Islam' people really do want to oppress 'us' liberals they will never get 'our' support. If they are just followers of a religion, they will.

I take it you are (rightly) in favour of equality for women, gays etc? How do you square that with the views of many (not all) devout Muslims (or Christians etc) who believevery much the opposite?

I take it you are (rightly) in favour of equality for women, gays etc? How do you square that with the views of many (not all) devout Muslims (or Christians etc) who believevery much the opposite?
I would remain liberal and 'fair-minded'. As you suggest, I'm in favour of equality on grounds of religious beliefs, sexuality, gender etc. If any particular group in society didn't share those principles I would happily debate with them. What I would not do is claim I'm 'right' or tell them they're 'wrong' followed by the phrase 'end of' as frequently used by those unable to debate. That's the slippery slope to bigotry.

The teacher is literally putting his life on the line for our freedom of speech,and all you can call him is an idiot??? bigger picture???? oh my god what a muppet!!! .....ooooooo we had lockdown and want to get rid of our kids........please please please dont comment any more ....leave it to the adults eh??? pfffffft

Are you serious? The children have missed out on a year of classroom education due to the pandemic, a bit of normality has finally been restored, and now some self-appointed 'freedom-of-speech' warrior has opened his big mouth, and now the school is shut again.

The teacher is not putting his life on the line for freedom of speech. The people who do that our our Armed Forces. The teacher is nothing more than a sh*t-stirrer. As I said, nothing positive has been achieved, and only an idiot would have thought otherwise.

Last edited:
Just what I was wondering. Also need to understand what is meant by 'militant Islam'. If that means devout Muslims who believe in the teachings of one faith, then they have the right to make their views heard, and can be ignored or debated with in a free society. If that means radical Islamists plotting the downfall of a free society they should be resisted at all costs.

To my mind, a 'liberal' is a fair-minded person willing to see all sides of an argument, within the law. If these 'militant Islam' people really do want to oppress 'us' liberals they will never get 'our' support. If they are just followers of a religion, they will.
People should be free to critize Islam like any religion but it seems Islam your not allowed to say anything bad about at all.

I suggest you do some research.
christian minorities around the world are killed all the time yet leftie muppets dont say anything yet somoene insults islam and there jumping up anjd down in outrage .

christian minorities around the world are killed all the time yet leftie muppets dont say anything yet somoene insults islam and there jumping up anjd down in outrage .

Leftie muppets, hahahaha. Haven't done your research then....

Last edited:
Extremism of any form has no place in a modern society as evidenced by this thread.

Therefore the majority must not yield to those who try an enforce such ideology.

Back
Top Bottom