Education or Religious Beliefs?

There is much debate though as to whether the person who existed actually prophesied the Quran, as many believe, or just added his name to the good bits.
People far cleverer than I have said there is linguistic evidence that the Quran is just a redaction of a pre-Islamic Syriac holy text.
Bit like the Bible, another universally adaptable book that is taken by extremists as being "fact".

Religion eh..... worse than politics.

BURN THE HERETIC. ;):)

Totally agree with you. Yes, we live in a democracy, and I accept the teacher concerned hasn't committed any race-hate offence. I also agree with Emmanuel Macron's approach that freedom of speech must be maintained provided it doesn't incite hatred.

However, we need to look at the bigger picture and ask ourselves - why do it? Why kick a massive hornet's nest just to create division where division didn't previously exist? We know form Charlie Hebdo and the murder of Samuel Paty, that this was never going to end well. I really don't know what he was trying to achieve?
These backward people need facing up to.....this s**t has no place i our society, frightened apologists such as you give them licence to threaten and murder.....man up ffs.

These backward people need facing up to.....this s**t has no place i our society, frightened apologists such as you give them licence to threaten and murder.....man up ffs.
Why don't you then?
Get your stupid comic book drawings out of your little school pants and go on a school tour with them if you're so manly. ;)

And there it is, the tolerance needed for us all to live together in harmony 🤔

• React
Reactions: QR
Harmony??? will never happen......blame the woke brigade ........ they will learn in 20/30 years ....... you'll see.

Remove religion from society and the world is a better place I'm glad at least Christianity is declining.

We are moving towards a secular society, there is just one minor problem that @dannyc might not like.

The Supreme Governor of the Church of England is Head of State and has been since 1521.

Article 37 of the 39 Articles makes it clear we can never be secular as long as we have a CoE Monarch.

"The Queen's Majesty hath the chief power in this Realm of England, and other her Dominions, unto whom the chief Government of all Estates of this Realm, whether they be Ecclesiastical or Civil, in all causes doth appertain, and is not, nor ought to be, subject to any foreign Jurisdiction. ... [We] give not to our Princes the ministering either of God's Word, or of the Sacraments ... but only that prerogative, which we see to have been given always to all godly Princes in holy Scriptures by God himself; that is, that they should rule all estates and degrees committed to their charge by God, whether they be Ecclesiastical or Temporal, and restrain with the civil sword the stubborn and evildoers. The Bishop of Rome hath no jurisdiction in this Realm of England".

;)

Nobody's giving them licence to do anything. It's about looking at the bigger picture. If I was a parent at that school, Id be absolutely furious. We've had over two months of lockdown where the kids have been at home due to the pandemic, and now the parents of this school have had their kids sent home again - this time because of some antagonistic idiot who feels the need to display his 'freedom of expression'.

As I said before, nothing has been gained from it - and it's just caused conflict where there was once peace.

Nobody's giving them licence to do anything. It's about looking at the bigger picture. If I was a parent at that school, Id be absolutely furious. We've had over two months of lockdown where the kids have been at home due to the pandemic, and now the parents of this school have had their kids sent home again - this time because of some antagonistic idiot who feels the need to display his 'freedom of expression'.

As I said before, nothing has been gained from it - and it's just caused conflict where there was once peace.
The teacher is literally putting his life on the line for our freedom of speech,and all you can call him is an idiot??? bigger picture???? oh my god what a muppet!!! .....ooooooo we had lockdown and want to get rid of our kids........please please please dont comment any more ....leave it to the adults eh??? pfffffft

The teacher is literally putting his life on the line for our freedom of speech,and all you can call him is an idiot??? bigger picture???? oh my god what a muppet!!! .....ooooooo we had lockdown and want to get rid of our kids........please please please dont comment any more ....leave it to the adults eh??? pfffffft
The teacher isn't putting his life on the line for free speech, he's using the idea of free speech to run his big mouth and insult a few muslims. He's an idiot at best.

The people who put their lives on the line for free speech are the people who fought the likes of you - the Nazis, the fascists, McCarthyites, book burners, etc...
I'm sure you wouldn't be defending free speech if some teacher was telling the kids about LGBT issues. Pack them off to the concentration camp probably.

The teacher isn't putting his life on the line for free speech, he's using the idea of free speech to run his big mouth and insult a few muslims. He's an idiot at best.

The people who put their lives on the line for free speech are the people who fought the likes of you - the Nazis, the fascists, McCarthyites, book burners, etc...
I'm sure you wouldn't be defending free speech if some teacher was telling the kids about LGBT issues. Pack them off to the concentration camp probably.
what a complete fool you really are. Belgium suits you.

I beg to differ on that point.

If a cartoon being shown to children, in front of a classroom of mixed religions and ethnicity, "offends" their parents to the degree they will remove the child from the school who has the "problem"?

The same religion, at its extremes, is well known for throwing gay people off of tall buildings and are decades behind accepting LGBT people.

I beg to differ on that point.

If a cartoon being shown to children, in front of a classroom of mixed religions and ethnicity, "offends" their parents to the degree they will remove the child from the school who has the "problem"?

The same religion, at its extremes, is well known for throwing gay people off of tall buildings and are decades behind accepting LGBT people.
I don't really disagree with you, just emphasising a different issue. I'm definitely not defending any bigoted religion.
All I mean is that I doubt the teacher is putting his life on the line to defend free speech.
He might well be putting his life on the line - as you show.
But in the name of free speech? I doubt he has such noble intentions. More likely he has some sort of desire to stir things up.

I am not religious so I will never get the fuss, I saw blasphemy (which is what was being discussed in the class the cartoons were shown in) described as a victimless crime I would agree with that.

Personally I would rather a load of foaming at the mouth religious fanatics were not protesting outside of a school over cartoons of a (very successful) warlord who heard voices in his head from 1400 years ago, as I believe in freedom of speech I can’t really complain I suppose but it’s more the setting that’s the problem.

Always bemused by the reaction of liberals to militant Islam though, you lot are among the first to go if they get there way (well second after the gays) yet you can’t wait to suck up to it, like turkeys voting for a halal Christmas.

Always bemused by the reaction of liberals to militant Islam though, you lot are among the first to go if they get there way (well second after the gays) yet you can’t wait to suck up to it, like turkeys voting for a halal Christmas.
Nice generalisation there. What in your mind is "a Liberal"?

Nice generalisation there. What in your mind is "a Liberal"?
Just what I was wondering. Also need to understand what is meant by 'militant Islam'. If that means devout Muslims who believe in the teachings of one faith, then they have the right to make their views heard, and can be ignored or debated with in a free society. If that means radical Islamists plotting the downfall of a free society they should be resisted at all costs.

To my mind, a 'liberal' is a fair-minded person willing to see all sides of an argument, within the law. If these 'militant Islam' people really do want to oppress 'us' liberals they will never get 'our' support. If they are just followers of a religion, they will.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom