Matches Early Kick Offs to Save Floodlight Costs

Would cause a few problems for fans like me who live quite a distance from Oxford, away fans and of course visiting teams, but basically a sensible idea.

Saturday home games when I'm working are a struggle to get there for 15:00 K.O so if they brought it to lunch time K.O I wouldn't be able to make that match so that for me would be a P**s take I get the idea but struggle to see how it would work

I would think electricity is included in the rent/service charge. The floodlights were on at HT last Saturday!
I think that was one of the reasons Eales or whoever was disputing the service charge all those years ago. The club thought that what they were paying for service charge covered all the costs, but Kassam was able to say that actually the stadium costs were higher and so the club's share was higher, and so was able to come back and ask for more.

A bit like thinking that just because you pay your utilities by a fixed monthly direct debit, that will cover your energy usage.

I would think electricity is included in the rent/service charge. The floodlights were on at HT last Saturday!
I would imagine if they were covered that there will be clauses in the contract to allow for increases in line with energy cost rises. No way Firoka negotiated a fixed price deal.

Just been watching the Pakistan - England cricket match. There is some sort of promotional feature at the stadium of a chap riding a bike, which is powering a washing machine.

So here is a bit of blue sky thinking for the new stadium.

Since some of us are a bit lardy (my hand is up, here!), electricity is expensive and going to football not an easy thing to find money for (unless you are getting bankers bonuses - satire) why not provide some seats rigged up in a similar way, but to the lights. Each bike has it's output measured and you get a partial refund depending on how much electricity you have provided. As long as the refund is less than the cost of that amount of electricity, the club win financially, the supporters are both wealthier and fitter and we can stop pedalling when the opposition is on the attack. Perfect.

It is this kind of thinking that got me where I am today.

Oh.

Just been watching the Pakistan - England cricket match. There is some sort of promotional feature at the stadium of a chap riding a bike, which is powering a washing machine.

Since some of us are a bit lardy (my hand is up, here!), electricity is expensive and going to football not an easy thing to find money for (unless you are getting bankers bonuses - satire) why not provide some seats rigged up in a similar way, but to the lights. Each bike has it's output measured and you get a partial refund depending on how much electricity you have provided. As long as the refund is less than the cost of that amount of electricity, the club win financially, the supporters are both wealthier and fitter and we can stop pedalling when the opposition is on the attack. Perfect.

Oh.
Now that's made me think, i don't know if there's criteria for building new stadia etc that's already in use but surely Stand rooves covered in solar panels and rainwater collection for flushing toilets is a major plus point when it comes to Planning permission.

I've always wondered why Gyms don't hook up their rowing machines and spinning bikes to generate electricity

Oh.
Coldplay did something similarly at their gig, some magic dance floor that generates electricity

Isn't there already an energy saving scheme in place at Grenoble road?

By my count there were 13 out of 54 bulbs out of action on the North stand last match.

Don't replace 'em, it must be saving a fortune!
from memory not all of them are turned on deliberately. The lighting setup was to cover the increased light requirements from maybe hosting things like england age group matches, for league 1/2 the light requirements are lower, therefore need fewer lights.

Back
Top Bottom