General Dan Harris - Leaving

Again, may be jobs for the boys, but would anyone be upset if we brought Robbie Fowler in as a coach or to work with the academy? He was arguably the most natural goal scorer of his generation and has played at the highest level. He appears to be largely respected in the game and we could certainly do with a little extra shooting coaching!!
If it's straight up nepotism, then yeah, I'd have an issue with it. Especially as a few of our signings/transfer interests seem to just be people KR knows... or KR knows their agent.

I'd much rather we held professional standards throughout the club, rather than what is beginning to look like people scratching each others backs.

If it's straight up nepotism, then yeah, I'd have an issue with it. Especially as a few of our signings/transfer interests seem to just be people KR knows... or KR knows their agent.

I'd much rather we held professional standards throughout the club, rather than what is beginning to look like people scratching each others backs.
Not quite sure I know what you’re worrying about, he’s an ex England striker and may well be able to pass on some good stuff, or use his connections to help in other ways? It doesn’t sound sinister or immoral to me, without knowing any details

Yup.

Football is a meritocracy more than most professions though. You can't trade on family connections for long, and if it does seem to be kept in the family then more often than not it's because the football genetics have been passed down.

We are a professional football club. It’s about time we start acting like one.

Be nice if someone was employed about Karl to sort out this mess.

The ice is getting thinner.

We are a professional football club. It’s about time we start acting like one.

Be nice if someone was employed about Karl to sort out this mess.

The ice is getting thinner.

What mess?

I don't like Robinson but for people to get offended at what on the face of it could be a case of jobs for the boys, is a little over the top, football is filled with manager A getting a job for coach B. Look at Chris Wilder, he's had Alan Knill follow him round everywhere he goes, does it mean he's going to be s**t at his job, no, that would be self defeating on KRs part, is he likely to be the most qualified should a round of interviews be held, probably not. It is what it is.

Again, may be jobs for the boys, but would anyone be upset if we brought Robbie Fowler in as a coach or to work with the academy? He was arguably the most natural goal scorer of his generation and has played at the highest level. He appears to be largely respected in the game and we could certainly do with a little extra shooting coaching!!

He has coached us for a week here and there I think already.

My concern, IF Fowler comes in, and its because he's a mate of KR, is that it demonstrates further how omnipotent Robinson is at our football club. That he is in fact first team coach, DoF and head of recruitment at a time when he's demonstrating that he's not exactly flourishing in his basic role.

Back
Top Bottom