General Dan Harris - Leaving

From the outside I gave always been impressed with Dan Harris.
It seems a bit of an odd time to leave (I would have thought the end of a season would have been more sensible?)
Best of luck to him and hopefully the club can bring somebody to move the Academy forward

I think he’s going to be a big loss, and like another poster has said, an odd time to be leaving.

Any news on this other role that’s supposed to be happening?

Maybe he’s disappointed that none of the academy players in the last couple of years have made it through as a regular for the first team? Aside from Stevens?

Other than the odd substitute appearance who is the last home grown player to really make the grade? Baptiste?

Even on Saturday when losing 1-0 we didn’t give one of the young attackers 10 mins just to have a go and offer something different, when it was obvious there were tired legs and we were creating nothing.

I’m sure Dan is probably leaving for other reasons, but just making the point we haven’t had many academy players making it through in recent seasons, despite all the investment.

Strange time to leave,was always very impressed with him,,however for what ever reason there hasn't really been a constant breakthrough in to the senior squad, Dan said that when a player has made 50 first team appearances they could be regarded as making the grade,on that basis the system isn't delivering ,the lack of football matches post 18 is doing nothing to up the kids, the days of regular reserve game football have long gone unfortunately

Ah, a pity. Thanks for what you have done. Hopefully the club have an idea what they need and have somebody in mind, either internally or externally.

From the outside I gave always been impressed with Dan Harris.
It seems a bit of an odd time to leave (I would have thought the end of a season would have been more sensible?)
Best of luck to him and hopefully the club can bring somebody to move the Academy forward
Surely the end of the season is the busiest time, where they make decisions on incomings and outgoings. Would be pretty hard to bring youngsters in knowing you won't be about immediately after they've signed.

He's clearly got the structure in place for the day to day to run smoothly. October/November would probably be the best time to go, but he's probably available until then anyway to help transition someone new in.

I've witnessed Dan at work many times when I've been on youth team game duty.
From what I've seen he has always been excellent looking out for the welfare and development of these youngsters through all age groups.
A fantastic servant to the club and certainly big boots to fill.
I wish him well for the future.

Maybe he’s disappointed that none of the academy players in the last couple of years have made it through as a regular for the first team? Aside from Stevens?

Other than the odd substitute appearance who is the last home grown player to really make the grade? Baptiste?

Even on Saturday when losing 1-0 we didn’t give one of the young attackers 10 mins just to have a go and offer something different, when it was obvious there were tired legs and we were creating nothing.

I’m sure Dan is probably leaving for other reasons, but just making the point we haven’t had many academy players making it through in recent seasons, despite all the investment.
Even Baptiste is a late comer to the academy system, we signed him at 16 after him having been at Reading Academy then John Madejski Academy from 7-16

Back
Top Bottom