General Dan Harris - Leaving

Club have just put the job vacancy up on their site:

I'm surprised that we haven't filled this already. Seems like the sort of thing where we'd have candidates in mind from other clubs, not just putting it up on our site for anyone to chuck their hat in.

That will be an exercise in "openness and transparency" when the preferred candidate probably got the nod/text shortly after Dan gave his notice in.

I'm surprised that we haven't filled this already. Seems like the sort of thing where we'd have candidates in mind from other clubs, not just putting it up on our site for anyone to chuck their hat in.
That's how you end up with school headmasters and the like at the club! :sneaky: Amateur hour.

Give the job to Karl our supreme leader :D

I said on another post I suspect RF is coming in in some capacity. I half jokingly said DoF but I'm seriously wondering if he's going to get Dan Harris' role..

I appreciate that she is pissed that her boy didn't get a contract, but of all the players coming through the academy I don't think I've ever seen anyone questioning the decision to release Mac.

It feel that a lot of her anger about this fuelled all of the rumours about why Dan Harris left, and we've now gone from that to suggesting that there is something dodgy about us giving Robbie Fowlers boy a scholarship.

Firstly, I've no doubt that Robinson and Fowler being mates helped, but I also think that every league 1 club would have been happy taking on the son of one of the best goal scorers of their generation! It certainly isn't enough to suggest that something is fundamentally rotten with the youth set up.

There may be more to this than we know, but sadly it does taste a bit like sour grapes which from Ms Masters.

Fowler was having a pint with Robinson in the Vicky Arms about a month back, probably got him a packet of pork scratchings to seal the deal.

Again, may be jobs for the boys, but would anyone be upset if we brought Robbie Fowler in as a coach or to work with the academy? He was arguably the most natural goal scorer of his generation and has played at the highest level. He appears to be largely respected in the game and we could certainly do with a little extra shooting coaching!!

Again, may be jobs for the boys, but would anyone be upset if we brought Robbie Fowler in as a coach or to work with the academy? He was arguably the most natural goal scorer of his generation and has played at the highest level. He appears to be largely respected in the game and we could certainly do with a little extra shooting coaching!!

Hasn't he managed teams abroad before? He could come in as Robinson's number 2 and leave Mous to be a defensive coach.

I doubt he would come here as a full time coach, probably much to busy with his other very successful businesses but he could do a little bit of coaching on trips down to see his son and have a pack of scampi fries with Karl.

Actually in the Vicky Arms this Wednesday so will find out what snacks they do.

Back
Top Bottom