General Dan Harris - Leaving

considering KR's ego isn't as big, probably not.
I don't know Dan Harris buts he has always came across like a decent bloke who has done a good job with the academy now again I don't know KR but he.nrver learns from previous mistakes always points the finger at someone else when s**t hit the fan but you are closer to these two I'm guessing so happy days

The expectation when the academy was set up was to produce players that were not only first team ready but also considerable saleable assets. We've had some really promising players but we are still in danger of speeding a lot of time and money developing players for the likes of Slough.

Hopefully Goodrham, Golding and O'Donkor will be ready to make the step up and give a return on the academy investment, but otherwise a change may be needed to help others progress further.

The expectation when the academy was set up was to produce players that were not only first team ready but also considerable saleable assets. We've had some really promising players but we are still in danger of speeding a lot of time and money developing players for the likes of Slough.

Hopefully Goodrham, Golding and O'Donkor will be ready to make the step up and give a return on the academy investment, but otherwise a change may be needed to help others progress further.
Change who or what?

Change who or what?

Change whoever or whatever is needed to get a return on the investment. One of Goodrham, Golding or O'Donkor succeeding may be enough to recoup the cost of the academy to date, but if none establish themselves in the first team or move on to higher league clubs then a review of the academy may be needed.

Change whoever or whatever is needed to get a return on the investment. One of Goodrham, Golding or O'Donkor succeeding may be enough to recoup the cost of the academy to date, but if none establish themselves in the first team or move on to higher league clubs then a review of the academy may be needed.
At least two of the youth players released this year have found league clubs, maybe we need to give them more of a chance? Although as you've said the squad limit restricts us.

At least two of the youth players released this year have found league clubs, maybe we need to give them more of a chance? Although as you've said the squad limit restricts us.
Part of the who and what would also be about giving greater opportunities too.

As posted elsewhere by someone who knows, "it's hard to drive with "somebody else" holding the steering wheel". Make of that what you will.

Once again it seems we need a director of football, it seems and rumoured that the academy and K R are pulling in opposite directions and the losers are the youngsters.
who your agent is, and who you know, shouldn’t come into it. People are fudging this and we need a D of F to sort it out

Once again it seems we need a director of football, it seems and rumoured that the academy and K R are pulling in opposite directions and the losers are the youngsters.
who your agent is, and who you know, shouldn’t come into it. People are fudging this and we need a D of F to sort it out
Rumoured? Based on what exactly?

I reckon Goodrham and Golding will have careers, hopefully with us and sooner rather than later

I cannot believe this for a moment. Not having it. Karl would certainly never favour a particular agent either in player dealings or youth.

Karl only ever does what's best for the club.

How on earth do you come to that conclusion?
KR will want players ready to put into a promotion challenging team ( like Baptiste was when KR put him in)
Are you suggesting that the academy don't want this?

From the outside it is a little disappointing the progress of the young players to date.
I am.not sure whether it has taken so long due to the mess Kaasam left the youth set up in or whether the academy has underachieved?
Does anybody know the clubs expectation?
Golding seems to be really highly rated and hopefully O'Donkor and Goodrham make it soon

How on earth do you come to that conclusion?
KR will want players ready to put into a promotion challenging team ( like Baptiste was when KR put him in)
Are you suggesting that the academy don't want this?
Of course the academy want there players to make the grade.
He could of blooded a player Saturday
He would rather name less subs than put a youngster there for experience, as has happened

Our academy prospects have been very dry for years now - we've probably had about 3 squad breakthrough's in 4 years and that's mostly been players named on the bench with no immediate prospect of first XI integration. I have hopes of O'Donkor and Golding developing but whether they can sustain it at this level I'm not sure. Shandon Baptiste was a rare success story for us but even that was off the back of 8 years at Reading before he joined up here and did his scholarship.

We have done a lot of investing in younger players who are instantly first-team capable but with all our facilities and financial frailties, I would've expected us to deliver more in homegrown terms, and plenty of other teams are producing one or two players locally who eventually make it. Maybe a change at the top and a new strategy will benefit.

For a man as verbose as Karl Robinson usually is, the lack of his voice in the article announcing DH’s exit is deafening.

Recently a young lad was turned down by our academy after being spotted and highly recommended by our scouts . Wasn't deemed good enough then was offered a contract by Reading who have a superior academy level! I know difference of opinions but something seems slightly wrong .

Back
Top Bottom