Sport Cricket - Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malan slow off his mark but did Hameed need to run there?

Anyways, no more down before lunch please.

still think theres an outside chance of a win ....or a draw ... this afternoon session is crucial
The chances of the win have gone. There's no way that we will play aggressively enough to get another 225 runs.

A draw is still the most likely as I can see Root and Pope kicking around until tea unless the new ball does something that it hasn't so far.

At best hanging on for a draw with Jimmy blocking out the final few balls.
Pope has joined Root if ( big IF) they can build a prolific partnership & hang around with the scoreboard ticking over till into the evening session, it could just be doable - around 230 isn't a daunting target in ODIs , must be doable in a test?

oh dear, oh dear - Pope gone for 2 , Bairstow for a duck.... not looking much like anything but an India win now

All over. Has been since we dropped key chances in their second innings.
Yes I agree. Burns' drop cost 120 runs, and in a game where batting seems to veer wildly from simple to impossible, that kind of thing is likely to cost you the game.

What the hell has happened? I had TMS on during my run, it was slow but there seemed to be no danger, bar a stupid run-out. Go into a meeting at work, only 20mins, and suddenly we are 6 down with 2 ducks???

Our Test team is so mentally weak it's unreal.

What the hell has happened? I had TMS on during my run, it was slow but there seemed to be no danger, bar a stupid run-out. Go into a meeting at work, only 20mins, and suddenly we are 6 down with 2 ducks???

Our Test team is so mentally weak it's unreal.
two work calls after lunch - after the first 2 wickets gone- after the other another ..... poor, poor test batting . Again - can Woakes be the man of the match ? ( a straw clutching hope that is!)

Kohli is a funny character isn’t he? At times I do think he’s high class, and manages his team pretty damn well. Then at other times he’s a total f*****g pillock.

Kohli is a funny character isn’t he? At times I do think he’s high class, and manages his team pretty damn well. Then at other times he’s a total f*****g pillock.
I think he's pretty much unlikeable. A real batting talent of course (away from England 😉) but I've not disliked an opposition player this much since Ricky Ponting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom