International News Covid-19 .....

First they came for spellings
Then they came from grammar
Then they came for word definitions

Rather than talk about COVID or whatever, people such as yourself have instead focused on the above for the past few months. To a point, it's charming and endearing, but it's f*cking tiring to read.
Oops! There you go again!

If she is not resident in your household then she stays outside of it and social distancing applies.
An individual can carry the virus, have no symptoms and happily spread it.
Enjoy the space. :)
She is not (and ever likely to be) a member of my household, having not successfully passed her probationary period. I am currently shortlisting the new applicants......

Having just visited Tesco, the one way system in operation is perfectly clear, it couldn’t be clearer!! You have 2 metre markers and big blue circles with a big white arrows in them showing the direction of footfall.

Yet people still meander up and down the isles oblivious.. absolutely not a care in the world regarding the system in place and the big blue circles with big white arrows.... you can’t miss them!!!! I think I may have upset a few people by pointing this out.

So to say that the government needs to be clearer in its advice, guidance, or is it instruction ?, i don’t bloody know anymore, seems a flawed argument imho.

If people can’t follow a big white arrow in a big blue circle they sure as hell will not know the difference between what constitutes advice and what constitutes instruction.

Once a covidiot, always a covidiot.

Having just visited Tesco, the one way system in operation is perfectly clear, it couldn’t be clearer!! You have 2 metre markers and big blue circles with a big white arrows in them showing the direction of footfall.

Yet people still meander up and down the isles oblivious.. absolutely not a care in the world regarding the system in place and the big blue circles with big white arrows.... you can’t miss them!!!! I think I may have upset a few people by pointing this out.

So to say that the government needs to be clearer in its advice, guidance, or is it instruction ?, i don’t bloody know anymore, seems a flawed argument imho.

If people can’t follow a big white arrow in a big blue circle they sure as hell will not know the difference between what constitutes advice and what constitutes instruction.

And of course, the people in the aisle than stand plum in the middle, blocking anyone from getting by.

The funniest rant I've heard from a neighbour who went to the local M&S and watched lady spent a couple of mins reading labels on jars of jam and honey, creating a queue of people wanting to use the aisle and spreading her germs all over half the aisle.

I’m keeping my trips infrequent and limited to my local Tesco Express only - I don’t need much and what I do need doesn’t require getting involved in the shenanigans at the big b****r. Last week I was stood waiting to be allowed into said Express when a young girl came out, and instead of walking straight ahead, into the big empty car park and around, she immediately turned left and walked right past me. Her equally stupid mother then did the exact same thing a few seconds later. Both myself and the guy working on the door couldn’t help but loudly ask each other what the point is if people can’t even manage to do something as simple as walk away from others. There was also a woman inside said shop rummaging through every last packet of cold meat in the fridge. Picking them up, moving them around etc. Seemed genuinely stunned when I pointed out that she was potentially contaminating the entire fridge.

QR....

You’re comparing Cheltenham, which was pre lock down I believe, and some early stages of lockdown when maybe the message was not as stark or initially understood or taken seriously in the initial few days. It was a huge change to people’s natural way of life and it was bound to take a few days to settle.

But the message is perfectly clear and understood now.. there is no excuse.

It is just idiocy to sunbathe in a park or have a bbq/picnic.
It was idiotic to allow Cheltenham to go ahead then three days later move to what we have now. I don't care what anyone says that was a balls up!!

It was idiotic to allow Cheltenham to go ahead then three days later move to what we have now. I don't care what anyone says that was a balls up!!

Can’t disagree with that... a proper balls up.

Government should have indeed forced the issue given that Cheltenham didn’t make the sensible call.

And of course, the people in the aisle than stand plum in the middle, blocking anyone from getting by.

The funniest rant I've heard from a neighbour who went to the local M&S and watched lady spent a couple of mins reading labels on jars of jam and honey, creating a queue of people wanting to use the aisle and spreading her germs all over half the aisle.

In fairness those with - or buying for those with - allergens do need to take the time to read labels carefully.

In fairness those with - or buying for those with - allergens do need to take the time to read labels carefully.
They do, but they also tend to know in advance what brands they buy for their essentials. It's not the time to be browsing for a new jam...

They do, but they also tend to know in advance what brands they buy for their essentials. It's not the time to be browsing for a new jam...

True. But there are large gaps on the shelves which enforce change.

People may (should!) also be buying their essentials from a smaller range of shops.

Also brands can and do change recipes without notification.

Not denying that most are probably just being twats, but sometimes that's not the case!

True. But there are large gaps on the shelves which enforce change.

People may (should!) also be buying their essentials from a smaller range of shops.

Also brands can and do change recipes without notification.

Not denying that most are probably just being twats, but sometimes that's not the case!
Just playing devil's advocate, Mrs Merritt is a bit of a reader of labels due to her dietary needs, was moving her along a fair bit when we last shopped. It's not a good situation for sure.

Just playing devil's advocate, Mrs Merritt is a bit of a reader of labels due to her dietary needs, was moving her along a fair bit when we last shopped. It's not a good situation for sure.
Mrs Lounger falls into that area of scrutiny required. Pine nuts are bad but Buck Wheat could kill her. (as we found out by accident when trying a new breakfast type snack bar - 5 hours in A&E after a ride in an ambulance.)
Also, in defence of those who go through the pre-packed meat, if the packs contained equal sized cuts or properly butchered cuts, all would be well. Sometimes it is necessary to pick and choose to get what one really wants.

I’m looking for long sell by dates as I try not to shop too often. But don’t paw all the stuff!
In looking for longer

Trust me, if you could’ve seen the way she was pawing through it all - every shelf, every packet - you’d have done well to not kick her tits off.

Back
Top Bottom