International News Covid-19 .....

Still so much denial and pant wetting going on. Fortunately I don’t engage with people incapable of critical thinking any more than Boris Johnson engages with the public in times of crisis. Where is he, by the way? Shouldn’t he be fronting up personally for what his mate and main advisor has been caught doing?

Ah, yes. HOLIBOBS!
Do me a favour and let me know where the denial and pant wetting is going on; on here or in Parliament? both? Elsewhere?

I think much of the advice was excellent when they finally got around to iimplementing it . The entire cabinet have spent the day saying they were meaningless to try and protect the Prime Minister's advisor who thinks they don't apply to him

The reason they have come out and defended the situation, rightly or wrongly is because politically they know the large majority of the public either sympathise with the situation or frankly couldn't give a toss. If for a moment they thought the situation was more than a minor storm in a tea cup, there would of been some half baked apology about right reasons for doing it but might of been construed as the wrong thing to do.

Above as an example, I have seen no mention of that, but not disputing he may of gone sight seeing just not seen any mention of it, and people loosely twisting quotes as previously quoted actually undermines arguments as looks weak and cheap.

Sarge linked an article on it a page or 2 back.

Not only did the Labour MP apologise -!-and issue a strong statement in support of the police and good guidelines In the article that’s been posted he’s at least claiming that he went to the cemetery ( and not the funeral) as the local MP to ensure the guidelines were met.

It wasn’t the right thing to do (and he might not be telling the truth) but it’s clearly worlds apart from deliberately breaking guidelines and lying about it for months.

When the Cummings story broke I thought even the Tory devotees on here would say, 'fair cop, silly boy, has to go', fully in the knowledge that he would be sneaked back into number 10 after a suitable time on the naughty step. I really didn't think anyone would try and defend his actions.

As a Tory mate of mine said (yes I do have Tory mates) 'if he had any decency he would resign'.
Imagine the conversation if it had been Diane Abbott who has done this.

Out of interest, why Diane Abbott in particular?
Because she is a political figure commonly derided by the kind of person who supports the likes of Boris and Dom.

But if you’d like a different scenario, how about if Jeremy Corbyn had been visiting a hospital with covid patients in early March and emphasised how he shook hands with everyone and then subsequently contracted covid. I can already hear the likes of EY and PRB defending his actions because it was perfectly reasonable at the time.

The idiots need no encouragement and we may well see a spike in the next few weeks but is no one else struck by the fact that in the middle of a national crisis where thousands are dying and where the nation clings to every hopeful, positive headline, the British press, this time the Guardian and Daily Mirror, have invested time and effort into investigating and headlining scandal?
Does that sit comfortably with everyone on here?
Don't get me wrong, Cummings has handed their juicy headlines to them on a plate and although other politicians and experts have similarly been caught out, these two papers have caught the big fish; congratulations.

I guess that hanging Cummings out to dry would be a positive and hopeful thing for a sizeable section of the nation.

Because she is a political figure commonly derided by the kind of person who supports the likes of Boris and Dom.

But if you’d like a different scenario, how about if Jeremy Corbyn had been visiting a hospital with covid patients in early March and emphasised how he shook hands with everyone and then subsequently contracted covid. I can already hear the likes of EY and PRB defending his actions because it was perfectly reasonable at the time.
I see.
Let’s face it she has brought a lot of that attention and ridicule on herself but so have plenty of other MP’s from other parties.

I guess that hanging Cummings out to dry would be a positive and hopeful thing for a sizeable section of the nation.
The longer this farce goes on, the more that comes to light about breaching the lockdown, the more damage is done to the country. He needs to go, one way or another.

The longer this farce goes on, the more that comes to light about breaching the lockdown, the more damage is done to the country. He needs to go, one way or another.
I guess it all comes down to how much the Tories are prepared to try and wriggle and squirm to get themselves out of this mess.

Alternatively, they could hold their hands up, admit their mistakes, bin him off and move on. This ability doesn't seem to be present in the DNA of many who have come out in support of DC though...expect a few more wriggles and a few more revelations yet. Seems like the fish is pretty well hooked though...

Not that it will matter much as DC will always have the ear of BJ and will still be playing Rod Hull to his Emu..just even more in the shadows.

Not that it will matter much as DC will always have the ear of BJ and will still be playing Rod Hull to his Emu..just even more in the shadows.
Definitely. Will be fun to see Boris forced to sack him if he doesn't resign, but at the end of the day he will still have the same power.

Back
Top Bottom