International News Covid-19 .....

Raab just avoided going into pitbull mode over why we're not using the majority option for testing on the party political broadcast just now.

Don't think that adviser will get another gig on prime time after her performance either; ' 'death toll is um higher than we would wish' hardly sounds like a triumphant note to me. Poor show.

They're going to have drag Boris back to work to cheer up the voters soon.

161000 people haven’t died!

Why don’t you let us know the comparative rates between people who haven’t died in Germany and people who haven’t died in the UK?

And I see we continue to 'ramp up' testing from 122,000 (sic) on 30th April to 84.806 today.

161000 people haven’t died!

Why don’t you let us know the comparative rates between people who haven’t died in Germany and people who haven’t died in the UK?
The number of people who haven't died in both China and India massively exceeds one billion. Compare that to the relatively paltry number of people who haven't died in the UK and I think you can deduce just how poor we've been in managing Covid-19 compared to China and India.

906A7896-0824-4479-87C0-09C484F79D7B.png

I do struggle to accept why we are still seeing these images when I have completely avoided friends and family over the past 6-7 weeks.

Good news
We’re pretty much level with Germany on the “haven’t died “stats

166k-6993 = 159k just a couple of thousand behind

And we’re hammering them in the have died column

They’re only at 6993. We’re just over four times that!

. 29 427

+679
Recovered
Deaths

Last edited:
Much of the foreign media bar the US is largely pointing at us and going, “That is how you monumentally fail despite being given every advantage, both in terms of advance warning and the fact that as an island nation you can cut yourself off far easier than most.”

The only people who can’t see how stupid we’ve been are the ones here. But I’ve always maintained that stupid people aren’t the biggest risk to others. It’s stupid people who don’t realise they’re stupid.

Good news

They’re only at 6993.were almost five times that. 29 427

+679
Recovered
Deaths

Closer to 4x not 5x.

You have criticised the government for lying/exaggerating/bending the truth, so please don’t start to do that yourself.

UK 'top' of the European league for CV19 fatalities :oops: :(:mad:

I know there are so many variables in this. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. But we had two full weeks behind Italy to get things prepped. Get people sheltered, start to impose formal lockdown, cancel big events. They were basically begging us, dont repeat our mistakes. Please please lockdown. And yet we did quite the opposite. British stiff upper lip. We didnt win two world wars to be brought to our knees by a pesky virus. We will have our big racing festival if we like and show whos boss. Rule Britannia!

Flights direct from Wuhan, Milan and Madrid kept touching down at Heathrow spilling thousands onto the crowded tubes and into our busiest streets and shops and museums and hotels.

And then we have the nerve to say others are looking at our success!!

This disaster has shown what an incompetent shower this government are, not a shred of strategy between them. Brexit was the only thing on their agenda.
Makes me so, so cross.

From that first link...

"The app will use Bluetooth technology to register a “contact” when people come within 6ft of each other for at least 15 minutes."

Now, when you are going about your daily business, how often is this rule going to be triggered? I've been out for an hour running today, it wouldn't have triggered at all. I don't think it would have triggered when I was at Tesco last week either.
Triggered? I’m triggered now! I don’t intend to be near anyone for fifteen minutes

Closer to 4x not 5x.

You have criticised the government for lying/exaggerating/bending the truth, so please don’t start to do that yourself.
Thanks you’re right. The number of people who’ve died in Germany isn’t nearly 5 times but just over 4times. I’ve corrected my original post

(That’s definitely the most important point to take from it.)

Thanks you’re right. The number of people who’ve died in Germany isn’t nearly 5 times but just over 4times

(That’s definitely the most important point to take from my post.)

We can all see the numbers thanks.

You didn’t need to exaggerate your point.

Thanks you’re right. The number of people who’ve died in Germany isn’t nearly 5 times but just over 4times. I’ve corrected my original post

(That’s definitely the most important point to take from it.)
Give it time.

In HoC it's proven that leopards don't change their spots :oops: :rolleyes: :mad: ....

Yeah.. dropped a bollock there didn’t he. Bad form to use that phrase.

Regardless of the current situation this is still politics... Those in power will spin the positive, those in opposition will spin the negative.

At the end of the day we all can see this is not great and there has been good and bad coming out of this.

View attachment 3593

I do struggle to accept why we are still seeing these images when I have completely avoided friends and family over the past 6-7 weeks.
You do, I do as do others on here. However there is another cabal (on here) who fully support the way the government is handling this and will defend them to the hilt. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Back
Top Bottom