General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
But young man you shouldn’t feel like that 🦷 there is help out there 😊 alternatively you can make an appointment bar Dr bazzer’s clinic he maybe able to help you but he is very booked up and you may have to wait up to 3 weeks for an appointment

Yea, so, in a feeble attempt to change the tone...

The thought of a running track has been trending in my fantasy world today and it got me
thinking, whats worse ? A stadium with 3 sides or a completed stadium that is set up to
include athletics ?

Close call for me, i really don`t like running tracks in football stadiums, horrible things, i
totally get that multi purpose is practical but the cost in lost atmosphere is too high.

At the end of the day we are going to have to be happy that our club is secure and that
our future is looking good no matter what we end up with, have to say though a track
would be like finding a pickled brussel sprout in my pot of honey.

The thought of a running track has been trending in my fantasy world today and it got me
thinking, whats worse ? A stadium with 3 sides or a completed stadium that is set up to
include athletics ?

Close call for me, i really don`t like running tracks in football stadiums, horrible things, i
totally get that multi purpose is practical but the cost in lost atmosphere is too high.

At the end of the day we are going to have to be happy that our club is secure and that
our future is looking good no matter what we end up with, have to say though a track
Why not stick the running track outside the stadium and charge people to sit on the roof at least that way we get stands close to the pitch and if @bazzer9461 questions get on your nerves you can jump off every ones a winner except the poor runner you land on 🤣

Why not stick the running track outside the stadium and charge people to sit on the roof at least that way we get stands close to the pitch and if @bazzer9461 questions get on your nerves you can jump off every ones a winner except the poor runner you land on 🤣
Took the words right out of my mouth 🤣

If it is a choice between a ground with just three stands and one with a running track between the stands and the pitch, then I will take the three stands every single time. I remember going to watch football at the Don Valley Stadium, and for atmosphere and view it was one of the worst footballing experiences I have ever had.

I'd like the stands in any new stadium to be much *closer* to the pitch than they are at present - not even further away. The size of a running track also means the pitch sits a long way inside the running track, and the stands have to be vast to enclose the ground. As a result, they are generally lower - which, when allied to the pitch distance from the stands, makes the game very difficult to watch. At that Don Valley game, Ben Futcher (remember him?) was virtually the only player in yellow who was easily identifiable because he was about 2ft taller than everyone else!

include athletics ?

Athletics paraphernalia inside a football ground always remind me of heady European football nights in the 70's...and in particular this, when Trevor Francis grazed his wrists on the discus circle :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
A ground with 3 stands over a ground with an athletics track around it every time.
As long as we have a fence we will be happy
On a serious note should we get to the Championship in the next two seasons,should we be getting a temporary stand at the fence end to house away supporters.
Obviously this has been looked at for the odd big cup game plus Swindon but been dismissed.But with larger home support and bigger away support it should be viable .
Of course OGB will put up the rent but it should make more money for us

On a serious note should we get to the Championship in the next two seasons,should we be getting a temporary stand at the fence end to house away supporters.
Obviously this has been looked at for the odd big cup game plus Swindon but been dismissed.But with larger home support and bigger away support it should be viable .
Well I think that’s what he said when Eales brought in a temporary stand, OGB wanted a cut

I know I'm going to upset alot by this suggestion but as long as its temporary say 2 seasons max why not change the east stand to away supporters and make the whole of the North stand home fans. We won't need to lose seats for segregation then and we would be able to accommodate the full 12.5k fans without it costing anymore.

You should try brawn, it's delicious.................. apart from the gritty bits. I never did discover what the gritty bits were.

But young man you shouldn’t feel like that 🦷 there is help out there 😊 alternatively you can make an appointment bar Dr bazzer’s clinic he maybe able to help you but he is very booked up and you may have to wait up to 3 weeks for an appointment
You'd never fit your fat fingers in a mouth

I honestly think this is the first time I’ve ever seen a bris mentioned on an OUFC forum, and that’s going back 12/13 years to the old TiU days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom