League One Confirmed League 1 distances 23/24 season

It's 6 weeks 1 day away, keep that level of misinformation up and you'll be headhunted by FoSB...
I guess it will be quite a provisional list with more games on Sky than ever and sadly games vs Rovers and Reading likely to be moved by police?

I will say the Midland Hotel is a fantastic building with a lovely view of Black Combe and the Lakeland Fells over Morecambe Bay.
If Carlisle come up I'll try and tie it in with a hiking holiday in the Lakes (If it's on a Saturday)

I will say the Midland Hotel is a fantastic building with a lovely view of Black Combe and the Lakeland Fells over Morecambe Bay.
I stayed there last season when we played Morecambe. Very expensive, but well worth it, as it's pretty much unique.

only either Stockport or Simmo's Carlisle- which could add some (seriously) extra miles on if its Carlisle, who despite being the opposite side of the bay to Morcambe, sort of, are a lot of miles further away than the winklepickers in reality. Wheras, Stockport are greater Manchester- and have that ridiculously high brick viaduct from a bygone era spanning the ( I think?) M60 which if driving to Stockport co ground will be seen, and driven under, shortly before turning off the urban motorway.

and either Barnsley or Sheffield (wed) - which are give or take a handful(ish) of miles approx a similar distance from Oxford

only either Stockport or Simmo's Carlisle- which could add some (seriously) extra miles on if its Carlisle, who despite being the opposite side of the bay to Morcambe, sort of, are a lot of miles further away than the winklepickers in reality. Wheras, Stockport are greater Manchester- and have that ridiculously high brick viaduct from a bygone era spanning the ( I think?) M60 which if driving to Stockport co ground will be seen, and driven under, shortly before turning off the urban motorway.

and either Barnsley or Sheffield (wed) - which are give or take a handful(ish) of miles approx a similar distance from Oxford
Stockport, land of the big blue pyramid

I have always enjoyed Burton and Shrewsbury as away days. Northampton though is as dull as them come with no decent pubs near the ground and a dull ground.
Cheltenham can either be really good or really bad, it all depends on what mood the stewards are in on the day.
Wigan is another crap away day but it s handy for me only being an hour away.

Out of the teams leaving the league I am sorry to see Accy go as I always enjoyed going there and I hope Peterborough go up just because it keeps the northern team quota up.
Northampton is only 25 minutes from me so I will be starting in weatherspoons in Daventry and then travelling over to the Melbourne Arms in Duston. It’s a nice pub and only a 5/10 minute walk to the ground I doubt we will be allowed to drink at the hungry horse don’t know about the rest of sixfields.

Back
Top Bottom